cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

databricks single user cluster is not able to assign service principals

New Contributor II

I want to set the databricks cluster Access mode to single user and assign the service principal account to the user.

In other words, after creating a single mode cluster, how can I access only servcie principals?

4 REPLIES 4

New Contributor II

Cluster Type is All-purpose Compute

AFox
Contributor

@17780 Did you ever figure this out?  I am trying to do the same.

Zpakerman
New Contributor II

Sure thing! So, if you're looking to set up your data block cluster access mode to a single user and want that user to be a service principal account, you've got a couple of steps ahead. First, create your single-mode cluster. Once that's done, you'll need to assign the service principal account to it. This involves configuring the necessary permissions and access rights for that service principal. After the setup, you should be able to access the cluster using only the service principal account you've designated. It's all about fine-tuning those permissions to ensure that only the right folks (or, in this case, service principals) can get in. Double-check your configurations, and you should be good to go!

Best regards, Zpakerman

SathyaVasu
New Contributor II

Below solution worked for me!!
It is not possible to update single user via UI
But you can update the service principal as the signle user via databricks cli.
1. install databricks cli

2. run command databricks configure

3. run command:
# Execute clusters edit Command to Set Service Principal as Single User
databricks clusters edit <cluster id> <spark version number>--cluster-name "<cluster name>" --data-security-mode SINGLE_USER --single-user-name <client id of the service principal> --num-workers 1 --node-type-id <node type> --no-wait

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!