Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks SQL Statement Execution API

RamozanbekS
New Contributor III

I'm trying to follow the example provided here https://github.com/databricks-demos/dbsql-rest-api/blob/main/python/external_links.py

It fails when it comes to downloading the data chunks. The statement status turns from SUCCEEDED to CLOSED right away without giving me time to download the data.

Here's the error message I get

<Response [404]>
b'{"error_code":"NOT_FOUND","message":"The result of the statement 01ee2ae9-da85-1e4f-a760-0abb04e34beb was not found.","details":[{"@type":"type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.ResourceInfo","resource_type":"result","resource_name":"01ee2ae9-da85-1e4f-a760-0abb04e34beb","owner":"","description":"the statement state should be SUCCEEDED before you can start fetching the result"}]}'

How can I configure my queries or my sql warehouse so that my queries have at some time to be downloaded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamozanbekS
New Contributor III

It turns out that if the response is small and can fit 16mb limit, then status check will also provide single external link to download the data.

So I need a condition here. Maybe even something like this

if len(chunks) == 1:
    external_url = response.json()['result']['external_links'][0]['external_link']

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RamozanbekS
New Contributor III

It turns out that if the response is small and can fit 16mb limit, then status check will also provide single external link to download the data.

So I need a condition here. Maybe even something like this

if len(chunks) == 1:
    external_url = response.json()['result']['external_links'][0]['external_link']

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.