cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dbutils.notebook.run raises HTTP 401 Unauthorized Error

Markus
New Contributor II

Hello,

since a while I use dbutils.notebook.run for multiple calling of additional notebooks and passing parameters to them. So far I could use the function without any difficulties - also today.

But since a few hours now I get the following error message when calling the notebook:

com.databricks.WorkflowException: com.databricks.common.client.UnexpectedHttpError: HTTP request failed with status: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

The call (even this simplified test call generates the error):

test = dbutils.notebook.run("./test2", timeout_seconds = 300 )

Does anyone know how this error occurs and how I can fix it?

I tried it on different clusters, terminated/restarted the clusters and have still the same problem. Could an authorization/token have expired between the last successful run and the error?

Best regards

Markus

2 REPLIES 2

Markus
New Contributor II

Hello Community,

the issue occurred due to a changed central configuration.

Recommendation by Databricks: "Admin Protection: New feature and security recommendations for No Isolation Shared clusters"

Here is the link to the current restrictions: Enable admin protection for โ€œNo isolation sharedโ€ clusters on your account | Databricks on Google Cl...

Best regards

Markus

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Markus F.โ€‹ , Could you please paste the whole error snippet here? You could open a databricks support case too with the whole error code.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.