Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Nick_Hughes
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Formatting on Databricks Alerts

Hi Guys. I have looked at the formatting options and I'm still struggling to work out how to best format the email body of a databricks alert. I want to be able to selectively choose columns from the query and dispaly them in a table. Or even if i ca...

• 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Nick Hughes​ , unfortunately, this is not available for now. We have a feature request for the same. DB-I-4105 - SQL Alerts: Formatting message body when creating Custom TemplateThis feature has been considered by our product team and it will be...

• 3 kudos
7 More Replies
Mohit_m
by Valued Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Why EC2 or EBS volumes are not getting tagged for the instances pool

Why EC2 or EBS volumes are not getting tagged for the instances pool when the tags are present for the Clusters

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

"If a cluster is created from a pool, its EC2 instances inherit only the custom and default pool tags, not the cluster tags. Therefore if you want to create clusters from a pool, make sure to assign all of the custom cluster tags you need to the pool...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
pine
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Databricks fails writing after writing ~30 files

Good day, Copy of https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69974301/looping-through-files-in-databricks-failsI got 100 files of csv data on adls-gen1 store. I want to do some processing to them and save results to same drive, different directory. def look...

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

was actually anything created by script in directory <my_output_dir>?The best would be to permanently mount ADSL storage and use azure app for that.In Azure please go to App registrations - register app with name for example "databricks_mount" . Ad...

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
Sebastian
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How to access databricks secret in global ini file

How to access databricks secret in global ini file. {{secrets/scope/key}} doesnt work. Do i have to put that inside quotes

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 3 kudos

hi @SEBIN THOMAS​ ,I would like to share the docs here are you getting any error messages? like @Hubert Dudek​ mentioned, please share more details and error message in case you are getting any.

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
nicole_wong
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Best practices for working with Redshift

I have a customer with the following question - I'm posting on their behalf to introduce them to the community. For doing modeling in a python environment what is our best practice for getting the data from redshift? A "load" option seems to leave me...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Nicole Wong​ ,Have you check the docs from here? As far as I know, this might be the only way to read/write data to/from redshift.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Constantine
by Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How does Spark do lazy evaluation?

For context, I am running Spark on databricks platform and using Delta Tables (s3). Let's assume we a table called table_one. I create a view called view_one using the table and then call view_one. Next, I create another view, called view_two based o...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 4 kudos

Hi @John Constantine​ ,The following notebook url will help you to undertand better the difference between lazy transformations and action in Spark. You will be able to compare the physical query plans and undertand better what is going on when you e...

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
RantoB
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Import a notebook in a Release Pipeline with a Python script

Hi, I would like to import a python file to Databricks with a Azure DevOps Release Pipeline.Within the pipeline I execute a python script which contains this code :import sys import os import base64 import requests   dbw_url = sys.argv[1] # https://a...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Recently I wrote about alternative way to export/import notebooks in pthon https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D53f00001TgT52CAF/import-notebook-with-python-script-using-api This way you will get more readable error/message (often it is rela...

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! something like AWS Macie to perform scans on Azure Data Lake

Does anyone know alternative for AWS Macie in Azure?AWS Macie scan S3 buckets for files with sensitive data (personal address, credit card etc...).I would like to use the same style ready scanner for Azure Data Lake.

• 2 replies
  • 13 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 13 kudos

thank you, I checked and yes it is definitely the way to go

• 13 kudos
1 More Replies
ahana
by New Contributor III
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 2 kudos

Hi @ahana ahana​ ,Did any of the replies helped you solve this issue? would you be happy to mark their answer as best so that others can quickly find the solution?Thank you

• 2 kudos
12 More Replies
Chris_Shehu
by Valued Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Christopher Shehu​ , if @Piper Wilson​ 's response helped you to solve your question? would you be happy to mark her answer as best so that others can quickly find the solution in the future.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Orianh
by Valued Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Read JSON with backslash.

Hello guys.I'm trying to read JSON file which contains backslash and failed to read it via pyspark.Tried a lot of options but didn't solve this yet, I thought to read all the JSON as text and replace all "\" with "/" but pyspark fail to read it as te...

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

@orian hindi​ - Would you be happy to post the solution you came up with and then mark it as best? That will help other members.

• 3 kudos
6 More Replies
dataEngineer3
by New Contributor II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi All, I am trying to read a csv file from datalake and loading data into sql table using Copyinto. am facing an issue   Here i created one table wit...

Hi All,I am trying to read a csv file from datalake and loading data into sql table using Copyinto.am facing an issue  Here i created one table with 6 columns same as data in csv file.but unable to load the data.can anyone helpme on this

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
dataEngineer3
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thanks Werners for your Reply,How to pass schema(ColumnName && Types) to CSV file ??

• 0 kudos
8 More Replies
kjoth
by Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Pyspark logging - custom to Azure blob mount directory

I'm using the logging module to log the events from the job, but it seems the log is creating the file with only 1 lines. The consecutive log events are not being recorded. Is there any reference for custom logging in Databricks.

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

@karthick J​ - If Jose's answer helped solve the issue, would you be happy to mark their answer as best so that others can find the solution more easily?

• 6 kudos
5 More Replies
AjayHN
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Notebook failing in job-cluster but runs fine in all-purpose-cluster with the same configuration

I have a notebook with many join and few persist operations (which runs fine on all-purpose-cluster (with worker nodes - i3.xlarge and autoscale enabled), but the same notebook failing in job-cluster with the same cluster definition (to be frank the ...

job-cluster all-purpose-cluster
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Ajay Nanjundappa​ ,Check "Event log" tab. Search for any spot terminations events. It seems like all your nodes are spot instances. The error "FetchFailedException" is associated with spot termination nodes.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Mohit_m
by Valued Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Which rest API to use in order to list the groups that belong to a specific user

Which rest API to use in order to list the groups that belong to a specific user

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 2 kudos

@Mohit Miglani​ ,Make sure to select the best option so the post will be moved to the top and will help in case more users have this question in the future.

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors