cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Delta Live Tables - CDC - Batching - Delta Tables

aniruth1000
Visitor

Hey Folks, I'm trying to implement CDC - Apply changes from one delta table to another. Source is  a delta table named table_latest and target is another delta table named table_old. Both are delta tables in databricks. Im trying to cascade the incremental changes from table_latest to table_old using DLT.  Below is my code Im using:

import dlt
from pyspark.sql.functions import col

@dlt.table(name="source_table_dlt")
def source_table():
    return (
        spark.read.format("delta").table("table_latest")
    )

@dlt.table(name="target_table_dlt")
def target_table():
    return (
        spark.read.format("delta").table("table_old")
    )

dlt.apply_changes(
    target = "target_table_dlt",
    source = "source_table_dlt",
    keys=["id"],
    sequence_by= col("import_date"))

The source code seems to run successfully. But when I run the Delta Live Table  pipeline I get the following error: 

AnalysisException: Cannot have multiple queries named `target_table` for `target_table`. Additional queries on that table must be named. Note that unnamed queries default to the same name as the table.,None,Map(),Map(),List(),List(),Map()).

Am I missing something fundamental here ? Please help.
0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group