cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DLT workflow failing to read files from AWS S3

sudhanshu1
New Contributor III

Hi All, I am trying to read streams directly from AWS S3. I set the instance profile , but when i run the workflow it fails with below error

"No AWS Credentials provided by TemporaryAWSCredentialsProvider : shaded.databricks.org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.CredentialInitializationException: Access key, secret key or session token is unset: "

I added below to my cluster

fs.s3a.aws.credentials.provider org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.TemporaryAWSCredentialsProvider

fs.s3a.access.key <AccessKeyId>

fs.s3a.secret.key <SecretAccessKey>

It still fails with same error. Could some one please help me how to pass these for DLT workflows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vivian,

Thanks for your help. I am happy to inform that it's working now . I think problem was in assigning proper roles and access to instance profile(in AWS) which i created for this purpose . Once i added few more rules , it started working .

Thanks again for all your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Vivian_Wilfred
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @SUDHANSHU RAJโ€‹ is UC enabled on this workspace? What is the access mode set on the cluster?

Is this coming from the metastore or directly when you read from S3? Is the S3 cross-account?

Dear Vivian,

UC is not enabled on this workspace . I am using Instance profile set up as per databricks document .

S3 is set up for cross account and as i said , i am able to run dbutils.fs.ls("s3a://zuk-comparis-poc/")

But when i run the workflow which envoks a delta notebook ,it gives me this error.

This is a standard cluster , so i have not enabled IAM passthrough.

Am i missing something . Thanks in advance

@SUDHANSHU RAJโ€‹ Can you please share the pipeline settings in JSON and also the cluster policy JSON? If this works on a standard cluster but not from a DLT pipeline, we need to verify the DLT pipeline settings for the cluster.

Hi Vivian,

Thanks for your help. I am happy to inform that it's working now . I think problem was in assigning proper roles and access to instance profile(in AWS) which i created for this purpose . Once i added few more rules , it started working .

Thanks again for all your help.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group