cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error pushing changes Remote ref update was rejected. Make sure you have write access to this remote

ArttuHer
Visitor

Hello!

I'm receiving the following error, when pushing from Databricks to GitHub. What I have done: 

• Access token is set up
  • Repository is public
  • I can pull from the repository to Databricks
  • I'm using standard tier

"Error pushing changes Remote ref update was rejected. Make sure you have write access to this remote repository."

What else can I do to to solve this error? 

Arttu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ArttuHer
Visitor

Hello!

thanks for the answer. Just figured it out. 

It turned out that I accidentally had secrets in my code and it was not allowed by GitHub. After removing them, all worked out. 

Arttu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

filipniziol
New Contributor III

Hi @ArttuHer ,

• First of all check the scopes of your personal access token.
    Go to github/settings/Developer Settings.
    When the token is created, you need to define what permissions are granted to the token.
    Make sure repo scope is selected:

filipniziol_0-1727163229007.png

• Make sure you have write access to repository. Just because you are able to pull from a public repository doesn't necessarily mean you have write access. Are you the owner of the repository or have you been added as a collaborator? Can you make the changes to the code directly in github?

ArttuHer
Visitor

Hello!

thanks for the answer. Just figured it out. 

It turned out that I accidentally had secrets in my code and it was not allowed by GitHub. After removing them, all worked out. 

Arttu

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group