cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing ODBC to shared cluster

Poovarasan
New Contributor III

I previously used the following script to install and configure the ODBC driver on our shared cluster in Databricks, and it was functioning correctly. However, I am currently experiencing issues where the installation is not working as expected. Please let us know if anyone has solution.

#!/bin/bash
curl https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | apt-key add -
curl https://packages.microsoft.com/config/ubuntu/$(lsb_release -rs)/prod.list > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mssql-release.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo ACCEPT_EULA=Y apt-get -q -y install msodbcsql17
sudo apt-get -y install unixodbc-dev

6 REPLIES 6

Witold
New Contributor II

Could you share the error message with us?

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

@Poovarasan I need more info here. Why it's not working? What kind of error message is it showing? What are you environment details (DBR, access mode etc.)?

Poovarasan
New Contributor III

Hi @Witold  & @daniel_sahal 

Utilized Databricks Runtime (DBR): 14.3 LTS, which includes Apache Spark 3.5.0 and Scala 2.12. and please see below attached screenshot for more details.

DBR : 14.3 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.5.0, Scala 2.12)

Poovarasan_0-1719923037688.png

Witold
New Contributor II

I honestly doubt that it worked previously, as this isn't supported on shared cluster: Check this and this for further information. I hope it helps!

Poovarasan
New Contributor III

Hi @Witold ,

I attempted to use a cluster-scoped init script, but it resulted in the following error:

INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE: Attempting to install the following init scripts that are not in the allowlist. /Volumes/odbc/init_install_sqlserver_odbc (1).sh: PERMISSION_DENIED: '/Volumes/odbc/init_install_sqlserver_odbc (1).sh' is not in the artifact allowlist.

Witold
New Contributor II

is not in the artifact allowlist

Did you follow these docs?

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!