Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

community.databricks.com

We're excited to announce the first four winners of our Raffle, and we want to thank everyone who has participated so far. If you haven't yet entered, don't worry! We still have four more tickets to give away for the world's largest Data + AI summit...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
psps
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Databricks Job run logs only shows prints/logs from driver and not executors

Hi,​In Databricks Job run output, only logs from driver are displayed. We have a function parallelized to run on executor nodes. The logs/prints from that function are not displayed in job run output. Is there a way to configure and show those logs i...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
psps
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Thanks @Debayan Mukherjee​ . This is to enable executor logging. However, the executor logs do not appear in Databricks Job run output. Only driver logs are displayed.

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
Tsar
by New Contributor III
  • 12 replies
  • 12 kudos

Limitations with UDFs wrapping modules imported via Repos files?

We have been importing custom module wheel files from our AzDevOps repository. We are pushing to use the Databricks Repos arbitrary files to simplify this but it is breaking our spark UDF that wraps one of the functions in the library with a ModuleNo...

• 12 replies
  • 12 kudos
Latest Reply
Scott_B
New Contributor III
  • 12 kudos

If your notebook is in the same Repo as the module, this should work without any modifications to the sys path.If your notebook is not in the same Repo as the module, you may need to ensure that the sys path is correct on all nodes in your cluster th...

• 12 kudos
11 More Replies
Ojas1990
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why not choose ORC over Parquet?

What Spark/Delta Lake choose ORC vs Parquet file format? I learnt ORC is much faster when querying, It is much compression efficient than parquet and has most the feature which parquet has on top of it? Why not choose ORC? Am I missing something? Ple...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
LukeWarm
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Password reset window freezes for DB community edition

HiI've been trying to reset my DB community edition password. I receive the email ok and change the PW, slick submit but the window just hangs ( for ever ).See attached screen grab

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Jason Roche​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so w...

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Integrating Databricks SQL with git repo

Hello, I'm using Databricks premium version on GCP.I've integrated my git repo (bitbucket) with Databricks successfully and I can read and write notebooks from it.I'd like to do the same thing with Databricks SQL, but when I switch to SQL mode the re...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

With a Unified Navigation, you can see all menu tabs via single unified menu. Once you need to trace sql query in git, you'll need simply create new .sql file in Repos and commit it

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Oliver_Angelil
by Valued Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Python code linter in Databricks notebook

Is it possible to get syntax linting in a DB notebook? Say with flake8, like I do in VS code?

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

No linting in a DB notebook available for now. The Notebook is currently in the process of adopting Monaco as the underlying code editor which will offer an improved code authoring experience for notebook cells.Some of the Monaco editor features enab...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Ryan512
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Does the `pathGlobFilter` option work on the entire file path or just the file name?

I'm working in the Google Cloud environment. I have an Autoloader job that uses the cloud files notifications to load data into a delta table. I want to filter the files from the PubSub topic based on the path in GCS where the files are located, not...

• 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan512
New Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Thank you for confirming what I observed that differed from the documentation.

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
Jason_923248
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! In Data Explorer, how do you Refresh a table definition?

In Data Science & Engineering -> Data -> Data Explorer, if I expand the hive_metastore, then expand a schema and choose a table, and then view the "Sample Data", I receive this error:[DEFAULT_FILE_NOT_FOUND] It is possible the underlying files have b...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
padmajaa
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Try refreshing all cached entries that are associated with the table that might helpREFRESH TABLE [db_name.]table_name

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
PhaniKumar
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! What is the maximum number of mount points can be created from a databricks workspace to a ADLS storage account?

We had a usecase where mounts are created at a folder level. Now the number of folders created are increasing. Is there a limit on data bricks on number of mount point creation

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Azure Databricks mounts create a link between a workspace and cloud object storage, which enables you to interact with cloud object storage using familiar file paths relative to the Databricks file system. Mounts work by creating a local alias under ...

• 2 kudos
Sulfikkar
by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos

Cluster Scoped init script through pulumi

I am trying to run a cluster-scoped init script through Pulumi. I have referred to this documentation https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/clusters/configure#spark-configuration However, looks like the documentation is not very clear.I ...

• 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Vivian_Wilfred
Honored Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Sulfikkar Basheer Shylaja​ , Why don't you store the init-script on DBFS and just pass the dbfs:/ path of the init script in Pulumi? You could just run this code on a notebook-%python dbutils.fs.put("/databricks/init-scripts/set-private-pip-repos...

• 4 kudos
7 More Replies
Sud
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Datbricks Exam Cancelled

I was giving my Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate (Version 2) exam scheduled today at 11:15 AM but it got cancelled in between. What to do now?Please help me with this so that I can complete it.

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Sud
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Databricks Exam got Cancelled

I was giving my Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate (Version 2) exam scheduled today at 11:15 AM but it got cancelled in between. What to do now?Please help me with this so that I can complete it.

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hello Everyone, I am thrilled to announce that we have our 4th winner for the raffle contest - @MUHAMMET EMIN KOSEOGLU​ ​. Please join me in congratu...

Hello Everyone,I am thrilled to announce that we have our 4th winner for the raffle contest - @MUHAMMET EMIN KOSEOGLU​ â€‹. Please join me in congratulating him on this remarkable achievement!Your dedication and hard work have paid off, and we are del...

Winner4
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
alxsbn
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

How to change SQL editor / schema browser defalut catalog / database

On SQL editor / schema browser Is there a way to change the default catalog / database ? My mine always fixed on my unity catalog. 

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Hi, From the dropdown you can get the data objects.https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/queries/queries.html#browse-data-objects-in-sql-editorPlease let us know if this helps. Also, please tag @Debayan​ with your next comment so that I will get notif...

• 5 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors