cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data + AI Summit 2024 - Data Engineering & Streaming

Forum Posts

VD10
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data Engineering Professional Certificate

On the way to obtain the certificate. Any preparing tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
dplante
Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Disclaimer - I haven't taken this exam yet A couple of suggestions (from this forum, google searches, etc):- check out this blog post - https://medium.com/@sjrusso/passing-the-databricks-professional-data-engineer-exam-115cccc90aba#:~:text=I%20recent...

• 0 kudos
KKo
by Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Union Multiple dataframes in loop, with different schema

With in a loop I have few dataframes created. I can union them with out an issue if they have same schema using (df_unioned = reduce(DataFrame.unionAll, df_list). Now my problem is how to union them if one of the dataframe in df_list has different nu...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
anoopunni
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi,I have come across same scenario, using reduce() and unionByname we can implement the solution as below:val lstDF: List[Datframe] = List(df1,df2,df3,df4,df5)val combinedDF = lstDF.reduce((df1, df2) => df1.unionByName(df2, allowMissingColumns = tru...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
VikashKumar
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there any way to convert delta share short-lived presigned URLs to CSV files at Client End

Hello All, I have requirement , where I need to disclose the data at the client end and they are suppose to access the data in CSV format. I am planning to use Delta Sharing integrated with Unity Catalog. As we know, according to Delta sharing protoc...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Data Engineering Professional - Practice exam?

Hi, when will we get Practice Exams for this the Data Engineering Professional Certification Exam? It seems like we already have it for a good amount of the associate exams, and this Professional exam seems more difficult than the associate ones, so ...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @180122  Hope you are well. Just wanted to see if you were able to find an answer to your question and would you like to mark an answer as best? It would be really helpful for the other members too. Cheers!

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
bradleyjamrozik
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Questions about Lineage and DLT

Hey there!1. Does column lineage work across multiple catalogs and schemas?2. Do Delta Live Tables support lineage? If yes does that work across multiple pipelines or only with a single one?

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @bradleyjamrozik  We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Vinay_M_R and @erigaud , and I was checking back to see if her suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be he...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
YS1
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Updating tables from SQL Server to Databricks

Hi,I have SQL Server tables which are the primary location for all live transactions happen and currently I read them through pyspark as dataframes and overwrite them everyday to have the latest copy of them in Databricks. The problem is it takes lon...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @YS1  Hope you are well. Just wanted to see if you were able to find an answer to your question and would you like to mark an answer as best? It would be really helpful for the other members too. Cheers!

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
samuraidjakk
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Lineage from Unity Catalog on GCP

We are in the prosess of trying to do a PoC of our pipelines using DLT. Normally, we use another tool and we have created a custom program to extract lineage. We want to try to get / display lineage using Unity Catalog.But.. we are on GCP, and it see...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @samuraidjakk  Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best? If not, please tell us so we can help you. Thanks!

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
SRK
by Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! How to deploy Databricks SQL queries and SQL Alerts from lower environment to higher environment?

We are using Databricks SQL Alerts to handle one scenario. We have written the queries for the same, also we have created the SQL Alert. However, I was looking for the best way to deploy it on Higher Environments like Pre-Production and Production.I ...

• 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
valeryuaba
New Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Thanks!

• 5 kudos
5 More Replies
erigaud
by Honored Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Autoloader Excel Files

Hello, I looked at the documentation but could not find what I wanted. Is there a way to load Excel files using an autoloader and if yes, what options should be given to specify format, sheet name etc ? Thank you friends !

• 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Hemant
Valued Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Unfortunately, Databricks autoloader doesn't support Excel file types to incrementally load new files.Link:https://docs.databricks.com/ingestion/auto-loader/options.html If your excel file contains a single sheet then there is a workaround.

• 4 kudos
6 More Replies
sumit23
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Error] [SECRET_FUNCTION_INVALID_LOCATION]: While running secret function with create or replace

Hi, recently we made an upgrade to our databricks warehouse, transitioning from SQL Classic to SQL PRO.However, we started encountering the following error message when attempting to execute the "CREATE or REPLACE" table query with the secret functio...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
BasavarajAngadi
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Question on Transaction logs and versioning in data bricks ?

Hi Experts ,No doubt data bricks supports ACID properties. What when it comes to versioning how much such versions will data bricks captures ? For Example : If i do any DML operations on top of Delta tables every time when i do it captures the tran...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
stefnhuy
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hey,As a data enthusiast myself, I find this topic quite intriguing. Data Bricks indeed does a fantastic job in supporting ACID properties, ensuring data integrity, and allowing for versioning.To address BasavarajAngadi's question, Data Bricks effici...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
PrithwisMukerje
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How to download a file from dbfs to my local computer filesystem?

I have run the WordCount program and have saved the output into a directory as follows counts.saveAsTextFile("/users/data/hobbit-out1") subsequently I check that the output directory contains the expected number of files %fs ls /users/data/hobbit-ou...

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

@PrithwisMukerje ,    To download a file from DBFS to your local computer filesystem, you can use the Databricks CLI command databricks fs cp.   Here are the steps:   1. Open a terminal or command prompt on your local computer.2. Run the follow...

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
hamzatazib96
by New Contributor III
  • 28 replies
  • 12 kudos

Resolved! Read file from dbfs with pd.read_csv() using databricks-connect

Hello all, As described in the title, here's my problem: 1. I'm using databricks-connect in order to send jobs to a databricks cluster 2. The "local" environment is an AWS EC2 3. I want to read a CSV file that is in DBFS (databricks) with pd.read_cs...

• 28 replies
  • 12 kudos
Latest Reply
so16
New Contributor II
  • 12 kudos

Please guys I need your help, I got the same issue still after readed all your comments.I am using Databricks-connect(version 13.1) on pycharm and trying to load file that are on the dbfs storage.spark = DatabricksSession.builder.remote( host=host...

• 12 kudos
27 More Replies
dataengineer17
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Databricks execution failed with error state: InternalError, error message: failed to update run

I am receiving this error Databricks execution failed with error state: InternalError, error message: failed to update run GlobalRunId(xx,RunId(yy))This is appears as an error message in azure data factory when I use it to schedule a databricks noteb...

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
saipujari_spark
Valued Contributor
  • 3 kudos

@dataengineer17 It could be coming from the internal jobs service, If the issue persists I would recommend creating a support ticket.

• 3 kudos
5 More Replies
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors