TravelZone__c string ,

DynamicsAutoNumber__c string ,

Goal__c string ,

OriginOfData__c string ,

CustomDUNS__c string ,

TAP_Description__c string

)

STORED as parquet

location 'abfss://Storagename@containername.dfs.core.windows.net/Bronze/Salesforce/Account/*'

Error in SQL statement: AnalysisException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: MetaException(message:Got exception: shaded.databricks.azurebfs.org.apache.hadoop.fs.azurebfs.contracts.exceptions.KeyProviderException Failure to initialize configuration)

com.databricks.backend.common.rpc.SparkDriverExceptions$SQLExecutionException: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: MetaException(message:Got exception: shaded.databricks.azurebfs.org.apache.hadoop.fs.azurebfs.contracts.exceptions.KeyProviderException Failure to initialize configuration)

at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveExternalCatalog.$anonfun$withClient$2(HiveExternalCatalog.scala:163)

at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveExternalCatalog.maybeSynchronized(HiveExternalCatalog.scala:115)

at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveExternalCatalog.$anonfun$withClient$1(HiveExternalCatalog.scala:153)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.ProgressReporter$.withStatusCode(ProgressReporter.scala:377)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.ProgressReporter$.withStatusCode(ProgressReporter.scala:363)

at com.databricks.spark.util.SparkDatabricksProgressReporter$.withStatusCode(ProgressReporter.scala:34)

at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveExternalCatalog.withClient(HiveExternalCatalog.scala:152)

at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveExternalCatalog.createTable(HiveExternalCatalog.scala:335)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.catalog.ExternalCatalogWithListener.createTable(ExternalCatalogWithListener.scala:102)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.catalog.SessionCatalogImpl.createTable(SessionCatalog.scala:875)

at com.databricks.sql.managedcatalog.ManagedCatalogSessionCatalog.createTableInternal(ManagedCatalogSessionCatalog.scala:728)

at com.databricks.sql.managedcatalog.ManagedCatalogSessionCatalog.createTable(ManagedCatalogSessionCatalog.scala:689)

at com.databricks.sql.DatabricksSessionCatalog.createTable(DatabricksSessionCatalog.scala:205)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.command.CreateTableCommand.run(tables.scala:186)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.command.ExecutedCommandExec.sideEffectResult$lzycompute(commands.scala:80)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.command.ExecutedCommandExec.sideEffectResult(commands.scala:78)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.command.ExecutedCommandExec.executeCollect(commands.scala:89)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecution$$anonfun$$nestedInanonfun$eagerlyExecuteCommands$1$1.$anonfun$applyOrElse$1(QueryExecution.scala:202)

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since it's a parquet file, you should be able to just do

create table name
using parquet
options (path tablepath)

You don't need to provide the schema. You might be having trouble with stored, I can't say I've seen that keyword before. Might also be a permission error on the underlying directory. The error message is not helpful here.

shan_chandra
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Rohit Kulkarni​  - From the error stack trace, This error specifically means it could not find any storage account keys and falls back to the default storage account keys.

could you please let us know if you are setting spark configs for ADLS gen2 at the cluster level or at the notebook level? If you are setting the spark configs at the notebook level. Kindly set it up at the cluster to make it available for metastore client.

Hi @Shanmugavel Chandrakasu​ , I have the same issue, could u pls write the spark configs to set at cluster level?

Here is the instruction how to connect with storage account: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/external-data/azure-storage.

Setting it on the cluster level: https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/configure.html#spark-configuration.

• Example configuration using storage account key:

"spark.hadoop.fs.azure.account.key.<storage-account-name>.dfs.core.windows.net": <storage-account-key>"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Rohit Kulkarni​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

AmitA1
Contributor

Databricks is awesome if you have SQL knowledge....I just came across one of my problem in my project and databricks helped me a lot....like a use of low watermark to hold the load success date .....​