Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward Spark structured streaming metrics to Datadog

Lizz
New Contributor II

We have a spark streaming application written in Pyspark that we'd like to monitor with Datadog. By default, datadog collects a couple of streaming metrics like 'spark.structured_streaming.processing_rate' and 'spark.structured_streaming.latency'. However, after setting 'logs_enabled: true' and 'spark.sql.streaming.metricsEnabled = true' in the cluster init script. We're still unable to see any streaming metrics in datadog. Upon some research, it seems like we need to implement a new class of 'StreamingQueryListener' from spark streaming to make this work. Is this assumption correct? If so, is it possible to implement this in Python instead of Scala? I haven't seen any Python implementation anywhere. I would appreciate it if someone can point me to any example if it's possible. Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Liz Zhang​ , Please refer to the below documentation contain pyspark implementation of streamingQueryListener

https://www.databricks.com/blog/2022/05/27/how-to-monitor-streaming-queries-in-pyspark.html

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Liz Zhang​ , Please refer to the below documentation contain pyspark implementation of streamingQueryListener

https://www.databricks.com/blog/2022/05/27/how-to-monitor-streaming-queries-in-pyspark.html

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Liz Zhang​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Shanmugavel Chandrakasu​​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.