cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grant permission on catalog but revoke from schema for the same user

prasadvaze
Valued Contributor II

I have a catalog ( in unity catalog) containing multiple schemas.  I need an AD group to have select permission on all the schemas so at catalog level I granted Select to AD grp.  Then, I need to revoke permission on one particular schema in this catalog from the AD group ( actually a user in the AD grp).   I tried revoking schema-level access from the AD group and also from the user, but the group & user are still able to access.  Is there an issue?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Walter_C
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

This unfortunately is not possible due to the hierarchical mechanism in UC, you will need to grant permissions to the specific schemas directly and not by providing a major permission at the catalog level

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Walter_C
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

This unfortunately is not possible due to the hierarchical mechanism in UC, you will need to grant permissions to the specific schemas directly and not by providing a major permission at the catalog level

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group