Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, everyone. I want to ask if there is a way to connect Databricks cluster with SSH interpreter in your IDE? I know about databricks connect but I want to execute the entire code in the cluster.

BorislavBlagoev
Valued Contributor III
36 REPLIES 36

I want the entire code to be executed on the cluster (Python, SQL, Spark). I'm familiar with Databricks Connect!

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a great news for you. Databricks tunnel is coming soon and it will be available as extension for Pycharm and Visual Studio Code (and then rest of IDE)

Can you send me link for that? I mean where you have found information about that?

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

It was on roadmap meeting last week. I haven't found yet information on the internet. Probably some preview or beta is available. You can always contact databricks and ask for access.image.png

This looks great! Thank you!

ypm
New Contributor III

Awesome, we need this!

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I would go with such a approach (but you need to write small script for your IDE):

• you commit to some brunch in git (like staging)
  • your IDE executes databricks cli command "databricks repos update" which will perform pull
  • your IDE executes databricks cli job command to run notebook from repo

Databricks cli can be executed as a Rest Api, bash/cmd or can be imported as sdk to programming language

florent
New Contributor III

any news about databricks tunnel?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Florent POUSSEROT​ and @Borislav Blagoev​ , In early 2022 databricks-tunnel will be available, which will run your code on databricks cloud and not directly on the cluster. There will be ready extensions for PyCharm and VS Code.

ypm
New Contributor III

HI @Kaniz Fatma​ 

Sorry for asking again, but we are very much looking forward to use this feature. Any news regarding this?

User16764241763
Honored Contributor

@Borislav Blagoev​ 

Could you please give this a try? You can pretty much execute all commands with this integration

https://databricks.com/blog/2019/12/03/jupyterlab-databricks-integration-bridge-local-and-remote-wor...

@Arvind Ravish​  I'm using PyCharm

@Kaniz Fatma​  I know about the databricks-connect but this feature is not what i want. I'm waiting for databricks-tunnel

Hi @Borislav Blagoev​ , Thank you for the update!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.