Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, everyone. I want to ask if there is a way to connect Databricks cluster with SSH interpreter in your IDE? I know about databricks connect but I want to execute the entire code in the cluster.

BorislavBlagoev
Valued Contributor III
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice and amazing post this one is, thanks for sharing…

Subway Live IQ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing, I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and helpful that you will write many more posts like this one.

MyMileStoneCard

gbrueckl
Contributor II

For those of you who are interested, we created an extension for VSCode to work with Databricks which allows you to manage your Databricks workspace (DBFS, Clusters, Secrets, Repos, ...) and also run notebooks interactively against your Databricks Cluster

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=paiqo.databricks-vscode

It does not require any additional installation (no DBX, no SSH, no specific cluster config, ...) - just your Databricks URL and a Personal Access Token (PAT)

florent
New Contributor III

can we use an azure ad token instead of the pat?

for our VSCode extension? no, not yet, but thats something we have on our list to add in the near future!

florent
New Contributor III

yes with vscode extension. Cool for this feature.. the target being not to authorize the creation of a pat for a user.. but to use his azure ad connection. As many Microsoft azure extensions already do.

bhuvahh
New Contributor II

I think plain python code will run with databricks connect (if it is a python program you are writing), and spark sql can be done by spark.sql(...).

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.