Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hello,ย When working in a python notebook and using tab-complete to navigate the file system, I find that pressing enter on a partially completed path ...

jd1
New Contributor II

Hello,

When working in a python notebook and using tab-complete to navigate the file system, I find that pressing enter on a partially completed path will add the full path to the cell in the notebook. This is annoying behaviour, since you end up with a duplicate string in a single path. For example if I type the following:

ls '/dbfs/mnt'

Then press tab. I am presented with a popup which says `/dbfs/mnt/base` and `/dbfs/mnt/lab`. If I click either of these options I would expect my cell to then look like this:

ls `/dbfs/mnt/base/`

But instead it looks like this:

ls '/dbfs/mnt//dbfs/mnt/base/'

Tab-complete would be much more helpful if it updated the path already present and not add the full path each time.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks

DB Runtime: 10.4 LTS ML (includes Apache Spark 3.2.1, Scala 2.12)

1 REPLY 1

UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III

Someone heard you ๐Ÿ˜†

In the experimental Monaco editor, I found this particular issue not appearing.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.