Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How can I activate enzyme for delta live tables (or dlt serverless) ?

nggianno
New Contributor III

Hi!

I am using Delta Live Tables and especially materialized views and i want to run a dlt pipeline but not rerun the whole view that cost time, but rather only update and add only the values that have been changed. I saw that Enzyme and does this job and dlt serverless, but I do not have this choice in my dlt pipeline. 

How can I activate that?

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nggiannoDelta Live Tables (DLT) provides a powerful way to manage data pipelines and materialized views. When it comes to updating materialized views without rerunning the entire pipeline, there are a few considerations:

1. Automatic Monitoring and Updates:

2. Separate Pipelines:

3. Manual Refresh:

• While DLT doesnโ€™t directly support incremental updates for materialized views, you can manually refresh a Delta table using SQL commands.
    • The REFRESH TABLE <TableName> command is used to refresh Delta tables, not specifically materialized views.
    • If you need to refresh a materialized view, consider using the SELECT TABLES FOR REFRESH option in your Delta Live Table UI.
    • This allows you to select specific tables you want to refresh3.

In summary, consider separating your pipeline into two parts and schedule them independently. While DLT doesnโ€™t directly provide incremental updates for materialized views, you can achieve similar results by carefully managing your pipelines and using manual refresh options when needed. ๐Ÿš€

nggianno
New Contributor III

Thank you for your answer.

What I meant with my question was the following: every time that I run a delta live table materialized view, I get a log of "COMPLETE RECOMPUTE" and I saw in a Databricks official video that there is an option to instead of "COMPLETE RECOMPUTE" to have "PARTITION OVERWRITE". How can I achieve that?