Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new group in the Databricks community? Dear esteemed community users, It is with great pleasure that we inform you of an important upd...

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a new group in the Databricks community?

Dear esteemed community users,

It is with great pleasure that we inform you of an important update regarding the creation of Groups on Community. As part of our continuous efforts to enhance your experience on our platform, we kindly request that you reach out to your Databricks account team for AWS and Google customers or your Azure Databricks Point of Contact, should you wish to create a Groups.

Our dedicated account teams will be more than happy to assist you in creating the Groups that you intend to establish. We believe that this approach will ensure a smoother and more efficient process for group creation, while providing you with the necessary support and guidance.

We thank you for your continued support and look forward to providing you with an unparalleled community experience.

Best Regards,

Suteja

4 REPLIES 4

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

The design of groups (and the whole forum) should be upgraded.

The most important thing on https://community.databricks.com/s/group/CollaborationGroup/Default, is that by default, should be displayed 50 or 100 groups, not only three as currently. When we click to show more, we should see another 50 or 100 not five.

I also think that in long term, everyone should be allowed to create a group using Create group button (but it is less important than design fixes).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hubert Dudek​ : Thank you for pointing this out. I have taken a note of it. We, the Databricks team will work towards improving many features with our new platform.

@Hubert Dudek​ , I completely echo with you, everyone should be allowed to create a group using Create group button or should have the possibility of submission of the request to create a group for every user so that it cannot be spammed. When I tried creating a group for Hyderabad, India, I couldn't able to find how I can create a group, till now I could not able to find any group for it.

@Suteja Kanuri​ Hope the above request/enhancement can be taken into consideration.

Thank you

Happy learning!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Hubert Dudek​  and @Ratna Chaitanya Raju Bandaru​ : Thanks for pointing this out. This is going to be a design decision which we will take after looking into the ask carefully. Thanks for getting the conversation going. This really helps us.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.