Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how to reduce file size in sedona o/p

NT911
New Contributor II

I have shape files with polygon/geometry info. I am exporting the file after Sedona integration with Kepler.
I o/p file is in .html. I want to reduce the file size.
Pls suggest in case any option is available.

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NT911,  When dealing with shape files and trying to reduce the file size, there are a few strategies you can consider:

1. Simplify Geometries:

• One effective method is to simplify the geometries in your shape file. This involves reducing the number of vertices while maintaining the overall shape. Tools like Mapshaper or QGIS can help you achieve this.
    • By simplifying the geometries, you can significantly reduce the file size without compromising too much on accuracy.
  2. Remove Unnecessary Attributes:

• Shape files often come with attribute data associated with each geometry. If some of these attributes are not essential for your use case, consider removing them.
    • By eliminating unnecessary attributes, you can reduce the overall size of the file.
  3. Compression:

• Since your output file is in HTML format, you can explore using compression techniques. For example:
      • Gzip: Compress the HTML file using Gzip, which is widely supported by web servers and browsers.
      • Minify: Minify the HTML content by removing unnecessary whitespace, comments, and redundant code.
      • Image Compression: If your HTML file includes images (such as map tiles), ensure they are properly compressed.
  4. GeoParquet:

5. KeplerGl Configurations:

• If youโ€™re using KeplerGl for visualization, explore its configuration options. KeplerGl allows you to customize the map display, layers, and other settings.
    • By adjusting the configurations, you might be able to optimize the output for your specific use case.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.