Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Data_Analytics_
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Connect SQL server using windows authentication

How do I connect to a on-premise SQL server using window authentication from a databricks notebook

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
User16829050420
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

We should have network setup from databricks Vnet to the on-prem SQL server. Then the connection from the databricks notebook using JDBC using Windows authenticated username/password - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/data/data-sourc...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
gillzer84
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

An example how to connect to SQL Server data using windows authentication

We use SQL Server to store data. I would like to connect to SQL to pull manipulate and sometimes push data back. I've seen some examples online of connecting but I cannot successfully re-create.

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Junee
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

You can use jTDS library from maven, add this to your cluster. Once installed, you can write the below code to connect to your Database.Code in Scala will be:import java.util.Properties   val driverClass = "net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver" val serve...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
chandra_ym
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! recommended course ?

hello, I am new here. Any recommended courses for Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 3.0 - Python ? Thank you

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
fabio2352
Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi, this post have a practice exams:https://files.training.databricks.com/assessments/practice-exams/PracticeExam-DCADAS3-Python.pdf?_gl=1*1kqf0to*_gcl_aw*R0NMLjE2ODI0NDkyOTcuRUFJYUlRb2JDaE1JNWFTZ2d0ekZfZ0lWSkc1dkJCMVQ2UTJNRUFBWUFpQUFFZ0pOc3ZEX0J3RQ.

• 2 kudos
6 More Replies
uzairm
by New Contributor III
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Concurrent Jobs - The spark driver has stopped unexpectedly!

Hi, I am running concurrent notebooks in concurrent workflow jobs in job compute cluster c5a.8xlarge with 5-7 worker nodes. Each job has 100 concurrent child notebooks and there are 10 job instances. 8/10 jobs gives the error the spark driver has sto...

• 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @uzair mustafa​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so...

• 3 kudos
11 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Job webhook alerts are not sending authorization headers

Hi, I have set up a webhook which will send the event to a lambda in AWS. I validate the event through the credentials given while creating the webhook but sometimes the event that is being sent from databricks does not contain authorization in the h...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Muthu Kumaran​ :If the event being sent from Databricks to your Lambda function sometimes does not contain authorization headers, you may need to modify your webhook configuration or Lambda function code to handle this situation. Here are a few sugg...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
qwerty1
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is there a way to register a scala function that is available to other notebooks?

I am in a situation where I have a notebook that runs in a pipeline that creates a "live streaming table". So, I cannot use a language other than sql in the pipeline. I would like to format a certain column in the pipeline using a scala code (it's a ...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

no, DLT does not work with Scala unfortunately.Delta Live Tables are not vanilla spark.Is python an option instead of scala?

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Sushma
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Lakehouse Fundamentals Certificate and Badge not received

I successfully passed the test after completing the course but I haven't received any certification or badge yet.Any Help is much appreciated. @Vidula Khanna​ 

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vartika
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Sushma Rani​,Thank you for reaching out! Please submit a ticket to our Training Team here: https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training  and our team will get back to you shortly. 

• 0 kudos
qwerty1
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Doing a a join within the same row in SQL

My data is a dump of JSON response from an API. The schema of the json iscol_name data_type   data array<struct<attributes:struct<name: String, age: Int relationships:struct<address:struct<data:arraay<struct<id: long, type: string>>>>>>>  ...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Ashwin Bhaskar​, You can use the SQL JOIN operation to join the data and include arrays based on the id field. Here's an example SQL query that should accomplish this:SELECT data.attributes.name AS name, data.attributes.age AS age, included...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
dalion
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure Databricks - ADLS Gen 2.0 Access

Hi all, I have a Azure Databricks Setup (non-premium) and an ADLS Gen 2.0 setup. I am trying to access the ADLS Gen 2.0 containers via a simple access key mode for testing.There is no error, if the ADLS Gen 2.0 is set to "Enable from all networks". B...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
fabio2352
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi, can you check two link belowhttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/getting-started/connect-to-azure-storagehttps://docs.databricks.com/storage/azure-storage.html

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
sudhanshu1
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Incremental Data copy from one SQL DB to another DB

Hi All,I have 20 tables in source sql DB and we need to create pipeline to incrementally load data into target database .Can some one please suggest me best approach to achieve this using Azure Databricks please?Should i use merge Into ? Copy Into? o...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vartika
  • 0 kudos

Hi @SUDHANSHU RAJ​,Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers...

• 0 kudos
6 More Replies
ducng
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VScode extension - certificate signature failure

Hi everyone,I'm trying to use the new Databricks extension (v0.3.10) for VS code (v1.77.3).I face this problem when connecting to our workspace:This problem persists when I tried to login through az CLI with our SSO, or through local config using PAT...

image.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Minh Duc Nguyen​ :It seems like the error you are facing is due to a failure in verifying the SSL certificate of your Databricks workspace. To resolve this, you need to add the custom CA certificate to your VS Code settings. Here's how you can do it...

• 0 kudos
k9
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Databricks CLI v0.17.6 issue

I do have multiple groups created in my databricks account and I have databricks cli installed on my mac. Some of the cli functions return errors that i cannot find solution for. databricks groups listReturns:Error: b'{"error_code":"INTERNAL_ERROR","...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 kudos

@kenan hasanov​ which version python you have installed on your machine please, you need to have 3-3.6 or 2-2.7.9 above , please try to go with latest one as you are only seeing issues with few functions. please raise issue in case if you are still f...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help recovering password

guys, i cannot recover my password at my databricks workspace. I tried to reset my password by using the reset my password buttons in both login and admin console, but i am not getting the reset email. I already checked my spam box and i'm getting em...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Victor Fernandes​ Just a friendly follow-up, Are you still looking for help regarding this issue? please let us know

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
KuldeepChitraka
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lakehouse Architecture : How notebooks are organized and executed

We are implementing a lakehouse architecture and using Notebook to transform data from object storage. Most of the time our source is database for which there one folder per table in object storage.We have structure like below for various notebooksGO...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Adding @Vidula Khanna​ and @Kaniz Fatma​ for visibility to help with your request

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors