cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kept outputs

Silรกn
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if perhaps someone of you could tell me which kinds of outputs are kept in a notebook after the cluster to which it is attached is terminated... Actually, I am asking it especially because I lost some visualization that I had built from date in a table.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

etsyal1e2r3
Honored Contributor

As long as you create an output in a notebook it will stay until you run again. If ypu want to keep a visualization try adding it to a dashboard ao you can navigate to it outside a notebook. You may want to put all code in a single cell that generates the notebook so you can click the regenerate visualization button within the dashboard from time to time. Hooe this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ร“scar Alberto Barbosa Bohรณrquezโ€‹ 

Great to meet you, and thanks for your question!

Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question. Thanks.

etsyal1e2r3
Honored Contributor

As long as you create an output in a notebook it will stay until you run again. If ypu want to keep a visualization try adding it to a dashboard ao you can navigate to it outside a notebook. You may want to put all code in a single cell that generates the notebook so you can click the regenerate visualization button within the dashboard from time to time. Hooe this helps.

Silรกn
New Contributor II

Great. Thanks a lot.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group