Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Srikanth_Gupta_
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does Spark SQL Catalyst optimizer work?

How does Catalyst optimizer improves the performances, what is its role?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Srikanth_Gupta_
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Catalyst optimizer converts unresolved logical plan into executable physical plan, deep dive is available here

• 0 kudos
User16826994223
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to start cluster Error :- Defunct Resource Detected

Hi AllI am getting this error for some jobs. Can you please let me know what could be the reasonRun result unavailable: job failed with an error message -Run result unavailable: job failed with error messageUnexpected failure while waiting for the cl...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

This is an issue on the cloud level so try to put retries in the job as it happens not for all cluster start , it may fails once but will start after retry,Also, raise a databricks ticket , they will provide permanent solution

• 0 kudos
jose_gonzalez
by Moderator
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to solve Hive connectivity issues?

I can see connectivity issues in my driver logs. How to solve this issue?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Can you give us some more error please, I hope you will get more error in logs, whether it is a connection issue because of JDbc URL or host name or password,something like this

• 0 kudos
jose_gonzalez
by Moderator
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to get the size of my Delta table

I would like to know how to get the total size of my Delta table

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

The following Kb will show a step by step example on how to get the size of a Delta table https://kb.databricks.com/sql/find-size-of-table.html

• 0 kudos
jose_gonzalez
by Moderator
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! error message rpc response (of 20978566 bytes) exceeds limit of 20971520 bytes

Im getting the following error message when trying to use display()Internal error, sorry. Attach your notebook to a different cluster or restart the current cluster.com.databricks.rpc.RPCResponseTooLarge: rpc response (of 20978566 bytes) exceeds limi...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

It seems like the error is coming from the 20MB output limit. For more information please check this https://docs.databricks.com/jobs.html#output-size-limits

• 0 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

There are two types of auto scaling in Databricks: Standard and Optimized. In both scenarios when tasks are submitted the cluster will begin scaling to execute as many of them in parallel immediately.Scaling down is different. In optimized autoscalin...

• 0 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16019159252
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Yes, you can alerts - Email alerts sent in case of job failure, success, or timeout. You can set alerts up for job start, job success, and job failure (including skipped jobs), providing multiple comma-separated email addresses for each alert type. Y...

• 0 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using multiple clouds

Are there recommendations and/or examples of leveraging AWS and Azure with Databricks? If so, is there any best practices to follow? Want to ensure we avoid expensive data transfer across clouds

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatically create folder structure

I imported one workspace into another and noticed there were several instances of RESOURCE_DOES_NOT_EXIST errors because of the folder structure of the workspace (despite importing the workspace as well), see example below:Get: https://dbc-9d482d3a-f...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors