Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCQ of The Week (Data Engineer Associate Preparation)

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

A data engineer, User A, has promoted a new pipeline to production by using the REST API to programmatically create several jobs. A DataOps engineer, User B, has configured an external orchestration tool to trigger job runs through the REST API. Both users authorized the REST API calls using their personal access tokens.

Which statement describes the contents of the workspace audit logs concerning these events?

a- Because User B last configured the jobs, their identity will be associated with both the job creation events and the job run events.

b- Because the REST API was used for job creation and triggering runs, a Service Principal will be automatically used to identify these events.

c- Because the REST API was used for job creation and triggering runs, user identity will not be captured in the audit logs.

d- Because these events are managed separately, User A will have their identity associated with the job creation events, and User B will have their identity associated with the job run events.

e- Because User A created the jobs, their identity will be associated with both the job creation events and the job run events.

@Vigneshraja Palaniraj​ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

@Aviral Bhardwaj​ 

e- Because User A created the jobs, their identity will be associated with both the job creation events and the job run events.

#DAIS2023​ 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

@Aviral Bhardwaj​ 

#DAIS2023​ 

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

sorry this is not a right answer 😁

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

I have tested this, and this should be right.

Can you please test this once at your end??

If I have created any job and you will use your PAT to run the job it still show my name as creator and run as

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Below are the snippets where I have triggered the job using my PAT through Rest API and still it shows the creator's name as Run as.

image.png

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

@Ajay Pandey​  II really appreciate your efforts and you are right in terms of UI, but when we carefully see the question we found

Which statement describes the contents of the workspace audit logs concerning these events?

audit logs are generated and sent in our s3 bucket so I was thinking about that prospect

so you are also right but if I check my workspace logs then I was thinking

d- Because these events are managed separately, User A will have their identity associated with the job creation events, and User B will have their identity associated with the job run events.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.