Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pySpark Dataframe to DeepLearning model

imgaboy
New Contributor III

I have a large time series with many measuring stations recording the same 5 data (Temperature, Humidity, etc.) I want to predict a future moment with a time series model, for which I pass the data from all the measuring stations to the Deep Learning model. E.g. I have 100 days of recorded data, in which I have 1000 measuring stations, and each of them has 5 data. My spark table looks something like this:

How can I efficiently transpose my data using Spark and Pandas to something like this structure?

Sample code:

import pandas as pd 
import random 
import spark

data = []
for node in range(0,100):
    for day in range(0,100):
        data.append([str(node),
                     day,
                     random.randrange(15, 25, 1),
                     random.randrange(50, 100, 1),
                     random.randrange(1000, 1045, 1)])

df = spark.createDataFrame(data,['Node', 'day','Temp','hum','press'])
display(df)

I don't process the data as a whole, but I use a period between two dates, say 10, 20, or 30 time instants.

A simple solution, like packing everything into memory... I can do it, but I don't know how to use it efficiently. My original dataset is a parquet of 8 columns and 6million rows (2000 NODE), so if I load it all into memory and transform it that way, I would get a 30,000 row (time) and 2000 * 8 columns table in memory.

So my question is how to load and transform such data effectively. I have parquet data on the disk and I load it to the machine with spark. I will pass the processed data to a Deep Learning model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
df.groupBy("date").pivot("Node").agg(first("Temp"))

It is converting to classic crosstable so pivot will help. Example above.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
df.groupBy("date").pivot("Node").agg(first("Temp"))

It is converting to classic crosstable so pivot will help. Example above.

imgaboy
New Contributor III

I am not really sure how this solves my problem. Will this solve the memory overload problem and will the model get the right data? Besides, if you filter the data by timestamps on the

spark, it slows down the data processing very much..... Is there some kind of generator for spark like the Keras data generator?

imgaboy
New Contributor III

Thank you I have made a solution based on your idea.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

great. Can you select my answer as the best one?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.