cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python SDK clusters.create_and_wait - Sourcing from cluster-create JSON

tseader
New Contributor

I am attempting to create a compute cluster using the Python SDK while sourcing a cluster-create configuration JSON file, which is how it's done for the databricks-cli and what databricks provides through the GUI.  Reading in the JSON as a Dict fails due to the assumption in the SDK that the arguments are of specific DataClass types, e.g.:

>       if autoscale is not None: body['autoscale'] = autoscale.as_dict()
E       AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'as_dict'

This is the pattern of the call I'm making:

from databricks.sdk import WorkspaceClient

db_client = WorkspaceClient()
with open("my/path/to/cluster-create.json") as file:
    create_config = json.load(file)
db_client.clusters.create_and_wait(**create_config)

I've attempted to look around in the SDK to see if there's a bootstrapping function but haven't found anything.  I can certainly work around this situation, but it's a bit cumbersome so hoping the community can help point me to the magic-method I'm looking for.

Appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

tseader
New Contributor
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!