Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

DBEnthusiast
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does Job Cluster knows how many resources to assign to an Application ?

Hi All Enthusiasts !As per my understanding when a user submits an application in spark cluster it specifies how much memory, executors etc. it would need . But in Data bricks notebooks we never specify that anywhere. If we have submitted the noteboo...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

@DBEnthusiast great question! Today, with Job Clusters, you have to specify this. As @btafur note, you do this by setting CPU, memory etc. We are in early preview of Serverless Job Clusters where you no longer specify this configuration, instead Data...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
smurug
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Databricks Job scheduling - continuous mode

While scheduling the Databricks job using continuous mode - what will happen if the job is configured to run with Job cluster.At the end of each run will the cluster be terminated and re-created again for the next run? The official documentation is n...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Jo5h
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hello @youssefmrini So how is the DBU calculated? As the cluster is reused, the DBU should be calculated per hour on all the jobs run in an hour correct? Or will it be calculated based on each run?I would like to know the cost calculation when runnin...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Mado
by Valued Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How to set a variable and use it in a SQL query

I want to define a variable and use it in a query, like below: %sql   SET database_name = "marketing"; SHOW TABLES in '${database_name}';However, I get the following error:ParseException: [PARSE_SYNTAX_ERROR] Syntax error at or near ''''(line 1, pos...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
CJS
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Another option is demonstrated by this example:%sql SET database_name.var = marketing; SHOW TABLES in ${database_name.var}; SET database_name.dummy= marketing; SHOW TABLES in ${database_name.dummy};do not use quotesuse format that is variableName...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Streaming Data Modeling Normalization with Databricks Delta Live Tables

Streamline Data Modeling Normalization with Databricks Delta Live Tables in Just a Few Steps:- Use the "Apply changes" function to populate tables with slowly changing dimensions using auto-increment IDs.- Register SQL mapping functions to associate ...

scd1.png scd2.png scd3.png
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Thank you for sharing this @Hubert-Dudek !!!

• 1 kudos
BAZA
by New Contributor II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invisible empty spaces when reading .csv files

When importing a .csv file with leading and/or trailing empty spaces around the separators, the output results in strings that appear to be trimmed on the output table or when using .display() but are not actually trimmed.It is possible to identify t...

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Raluka
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

I discovered an in-depth article that went beyond the physical aspects of aging and testosterone. It examined the emotional https://misterolympia.shop/buy/injectable-steroids/testosterone/testosterone-cypionate/ and psychological aspects of growing o...

• 0 kudos
8 More Replies
Nico1
by New Contributor II
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Problems connecting Simba ODBC with a M1 Macbook Pro

Hi,There's a way to make work the Simba ODBC Driver for M1 Macbook Pros?I find myself able to run on an old intel version of Macbook easily, but now every time I even test the connection with the iODBC Manager fails.Definitely, the issue is around no...

CleanShot 2022-05-15 at 22.50.36@2x
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
kunalmishra9
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Things seem to be mostly working for me now. I've added a bit more detail on my connection steps and process in case it's helpful for anyone on Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76407426/connecting-rstudio-desktop-to-databricks-comm...

• 2 kudos
10 More Replies
zak_k
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

com.databricks.spark.safespark.UDFException: UNAVAILABLE: Channel shutdownNow invoked

Trying to determine a root cause of UDFException that occurs when returning a variable length ArrayType. If I hardcode the data returned from the UDF to a fixed length, say 19, the error does not occur. Setup codesplit_runs_UDF = udf(split_runs_udf, ...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
zak_k
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

After further investigation, It reproduces slightly differently on single user mode.Single user mode: runs foreverShared: gives the above messageI've determined that there was a corner case in the dataset which lead to UDF never returning. I am am as...

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
miiaramo
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

DLT current channel uses same runtime as the preview channel

Hi,According to the latest release notes, the current channel of DLT should be using Databricks runtime 11.3 and the preview channel should be using 12.2. The current channel was using correct runtime version 11.3 still yesterday morning, but since ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
adriennn
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

I'm seeing the same issue with 12 current / 13 preview. Updating the channel didn't bump the runtime version and even creating a pipeline with the preview channel uses the current version.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Databricks143
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Correlated column is not allowed in non predicate in UDF SQL

Hi Team,I am new to databricks and currently working on creating sql udf 's  in databricks .In udf we are calculating min date and that date column using in where clause also.While running udf getting  Correlated column is not allowed in  non predica...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Could you please provide your full code? I would also like to know which DBR version you are using in your cluster.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
thomann
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Bug? Unity Catalog incompatible with Sparklyr in RStudio (on Driver) and as well if used on one cluster from multiple notebooks?

If I start a RStudio Server with in cluster init script as described here in a Unity Catalog Cluster the sparklyr connection fails with an error about a missing Credential Scope.=LI tried it both in 11.3LTS and 12.0 Beta. I tried it only in a Persona...

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
kunalmishra9
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

Have run into this issue as well. Let me know if there was any resolution 

• 6 kudos
4 More Replies
soumyaPattnaik
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

How can I customize the Notebook Job # while using dbutils.notebook.run method?

When running multiple notebooks parallelly using dbutils.notebook.run from a parent notebook, an url to that running notebook is printed, like belowNotebook job #211371132480519Is there a way I can print the notebook name or some customized string in...

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
soumyaPattnaik
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Debayan Thank you for your reply.However, the answer I am looking for is : how to print/get a more meaningful name of the jobs when running multiple notebooks parallelly using dbutils.notebook.run from a parent notebook.Now in the parent notebook...

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
Leo_138525
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! RDD not picking up spark configuration for azure storage account access

I want to open some CSV files as an RDD, do some processing and then load it as a DataFrame. Since the files are stored in an Azure blob storage account I need to configure the access accordingly, which for some reason does not work when using an RDD...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Leo_138525
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

I decided to load the files into a DataFrame with a single column and then do the processing before splitting it into separate columns and this works just fine.@Hyper Guy​ thanks for the link, I didn't try that but it seems like it would resolve the ...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
JohnJustus
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

TypeError : withcolumn() takes 3 positional arguments but 4 were given.

Hi All,Can some one please help me with the error.This is my small python code.binmaster = binmasterdf.withColumnRenamed("tag_number","BinKey")\.withColumn ("Category", when (length("Bin")==4,'SMALL LOT'),(length("Bin")==7,'RACKING'))TypeError : with...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi @JohnJustus If you see closely in .withColumn ("Category", when (length("Bin")==4,'SMALL LOT'), when (length("Bin")==7,'RACKING'), otherwise('FLOOR')), withcolumn would take 2 parameters. The first parameter as a string and the second as the colum...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Erik
by Valued Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Liquid clustering with structured streaming pyspark

I would like to try out liquid clustering, but all the examples I see seem to be SQL tables created from selecting from other tables. Our gold tables are pyspark tables written directly to a table, e.g. like this: silver_df.writeStream.partitionBy(["...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

I did not find anything in the docs either.  I suppose a pyspark version will come in the future?

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Yoshe1101
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Cluster terminated. Reason: Npip Tunnel Setup Failure

Hi, I have recently deployed a new Workspace in AWS and getting the following error when trying to start the cluster:"NPIP tunnel setup failure during launch. Please try again later and contact Databricks if the problem persists. Instance bootstrap f...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Yoshe1101
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Finally, this error was fixed by changing the DHCP configuration of the VPC.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors