How to transfer repos from one Databricks environment to another Databricks environment without using git?
To transfer repos from one Databricks environment to another without using Git, you can use the dbx sync command.
Here are the steps:
1. Identify the name of the Databricks Repo you want to transfer to your current Databricks workspace.
2. On your local development machine, run the dbx sync command to synchronize your local cloned repository to the Databricks Repos in your workspace.
Replace <your-repo-name> with the name of your repo in Databricks Repos. The command is as follows:
bashdbx sync repo -d --source .
3. Now, you have a local repo copy on your local development machine.
4. go to the Databricks environment where you want to transfer the repo.
5. Run the dbx sync command again to sync the local copy of the repo to the new Databricks environment.
Make sure to keep your terminal or PowerShell open for dbx sync to continue synchronizing.
If you close your terminal or PowerShell, dbx sync stop watching for file changes and stop synchronizing. To resume file change synchronization, repeat this procedure from the beginning.
Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections.
Click here to register and join today!
Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.