cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data + AI Summit 2024 - Data Engineering & Streaming

Forum Posts

AndyKeel
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating an ADLS storage credential for an AWS Workspace

I'd like to create a storage credential for an Azure Storage Account in an AWS workspace. I then plan to use this storage credential to create an external volume.Is this possible, and if so what are the steps? Thanks for any help!

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
AndyKeel
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thanks for your help.I'm struggling to create the Storage Credential. I have created a managed identity via an Azure Databricks Access Connector and am making an API call based on what I'm reading in the API docs: Create a storage credential | Storag...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
NirmalaSathiya
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to use _metadata to retrieve file name while reading xml files

We are trying to retrieve xml file name using _metadata but not working. we are not able to use input _file_name() also as we are using shared cluster.we are reading the xml files using com.datadricks.spark.xml library  

Data Engineering
filename
read
XML
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?This...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
ElaPG
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Command restrictions

Is there any possibility to restrict usage of specified commands (like mount/unmount or SQL grant) based on group assignment? I do not want everybody to be able to execute these commands.

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?This...

• 1 kudos
6 More Replies
Cas
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Asset Bundles: Dynamic job cluster insertion in jobs

Hi!As we are migrating from dbx to asset bundles we are running into some problems with the dynamic insertion of job clusters in the job definition as with dbx we did this nicely with jinja and defined all the clusters in one place and a change in th...

Data Engineering
asset bundles
jobs
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
israelst
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

structured streaming schema inference

I want to stream data from kinesis using DLT. the Data is in json format. How can I use structured streaming to automatically infer the schema? I know auto-loader has this feature but it doesn't make sense for me to use autoloader since my data is st...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
israelst
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

I wanted to use Databricks for this. I don't want to depend on AWS Glue. Same way I could do it with AutoLoader...

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
Esther_Tomi
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Install Cluster-Scoped Libraries on Runtime >13.3

Hello team,I'm trying to upgrade our databricks runtime to 13.3 from 9.1, but i've been having issues installing libraries on the compute  from our internal artifactoryHowever, when I tried this on a unity-catalog enabled workspace, it works seamless...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
pshah83
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Use output of SHOW PARTITION commands in Sub-Query/CTE/Function

I am using SHOW PARTITIONS <<table_name>> to get all the partitions of a table. I want to use max() on the output of this command to get the latest partition for the table.However, I am not able to use SHOW PARTITIONS <<table_name>> in a CTE/sub-quer...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Simha
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to write only file on to the Blob or ADLS from Databricks?

Hi All,I am trying to write a csv file on to the blob and ADLS from databricks notebook using pyspark and a separate folder is created with the mentioned filename and a partition is created within the folder.I want only file to be written. Can anyone...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Mr__D
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Writing modular code in Databricks

Hi All, Could you please suggest to me the best way to write PySpark code in Databricks,I don't want to write my code in Databricks notebook but create python files(modular project) in Vscode and call only the primary function in the notebook(the res...

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Gamlet
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Certainly! To write PySpark code in Databricks while maintaining a modular project in VSCode, you can organize your PySpark code into Python files in VSCode, with a primary function encapsulating the main logic. Then, upload these files to Databricks...

• 1 kudos
6 More Replies
Danielsg94
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How can I write a single file to a blob storage using a Python notebook, to a folder with other data?

When I use the following code: df .coalesce(1) .write.format("com.databricks.spark.csv") .option("header", "true") .save("/path/mydata.csv")it writes several files, and when used with .mode("overwrite"), it will overwrite everything in th...

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Simha
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi Daniel,May I know, how did you fix this issue. I am facing similar issue while writing csv/parquet to blob/adls, it creates a separate folder with the filename and creates a partition file within that folder.I need to write just a file on to the b...

• 2 kudos
5 More Replies
rt-slowth
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Pipelines using dlt modules from the Unity Catalog

[Situation]I am using AWS DMS to store mysql cdc in S3 as a parquet file.I have implemented a streaming pipeline using the DLT module.The target destination is Unity Catalog.[Questions and issues].- Where are the tables and materialized views specifi...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
sriv8792
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
krocodl
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Thread leakage when connection cannot be established

During the execution of the next code we can observe a lost thread that will never end:@Testpublic void pureConnectionErrorTest() throws Exception { try { DriverManager.getConnection(DATABRICKS_JDBC_URL, DATABRICKS_USERNAME, DATABRICKS_PASS...

Data Engineering
JDBC
resource leaking
threading
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
krocodl
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

This issue is reported as fixed since v2.6.34. I validated version 2.6.36- it works normal. Many thanks to the developers for the work done!

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
rt-slowth
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta Live Table streaming pipeline

How do I do a simple left join of a static table and a streaming table under catalog in the streaming pipeline of a Delta Live Table?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyanka_Biswas
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @rt-slowth I would like to share with you the Databricks documentation, which contains details about stream-static table joins https://docs.databricks.com/en/delta-live-tables/transform.html#stream-static-joins Stream-static joins are a good choic...

• 0 kudos
JasonThomas
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Row-level Concurrency and Liquid Clustering compatibility

The documentation is a little ambiguous:"Row-level concurrency is only supported on tables without partitioning, which includes tables with liquid clustering."https://docs.databricks.com/en/release-notes/runtime/14.2.html Tables with liquid clusterin...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
JasonThomas
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Cluster-on-write is something being worked on. The limitations at the moment have to do with accommodating streaming workloads.I found the following informative:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t6wX28JC_M

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors