cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Runtime 11.3 LTS not working in my production

biafch
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a cluster with Runtime 11.3 LTS in my production. Whenever I start this up and try to run my notebooks it's giving me error: Failure starting repl. Try detaching and re-attaching the notebook.

I have a cluster with the same Runtime in my DEV environment and here it's working perfectly fine.

When I downgrade the runtime of my cluster to 10.4 LTS in my production it's working as well.

What can I do to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

biafch
New Contributor III

Just in case anyone needs to know how to solve this in the future.

Apparently one of my clusters was suddenly having library compatibility issues. Mainly between pandas,numpy and pyarrow.

So I fixed this by forcing specific versions in my global init script. I did the following:

/databricks/python/bin/pip install pandas==2.2.2
/databricks/python/bin/pip install numpy==1.26.4
/databricks/python/bin/pip install pyarrow==7.0.0

And this has solved the problem for me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

biafch
New Contributor III

Bump

biafch
New Contributor III

Just in case anyone needs to know how to solve this in the future.

Apparently one of my clusters was suddenly having library compatibility issues. Mainly between pandas,numpy and pyarrow.

So I fixed this by forcing specific versions in my global init script. I did the following:

/databricks/python/bin/pip install pandas==2.2.2
/databricks/python/bin/pip install numpy==1.26.4
/databricks/python/bin/pip install pyarrow==7.0.0

And this has solved the problem for me.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group