cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable to setcheckpointdir in unitycatalog enabled workspace

reshmir18
New Contributor II

I have a Unity catalog enabled workspace where I am trying to setCheckpointDir during runtime. The method looks to authenticate using fs.azure.account.key instead of storage credentials. I am using databricks access connector which has "Storage Blob Data Contributor" role on my storage account. The relevant containers are also added as external locations.

Error:

Py4JJavaError: An error occurred while calling o350.setCheckpointDir.
: Failure to initialize configuration for storage account: Invalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.account.keyInvalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.account.key

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @reshmir18, It seems youโ€™re encountering an error related to setting the checkpoint directory in your Unity catalog-enabled workspace.

Letโ€™s break down the issue and explore potential solutions:

Unity Catalog and Data Governance:

Authentication and Access Modes:

Storage Credentials and External Locations:

Troubleshooting the Error:

• The error message youโ€™re encountering suggests an issue with the configuration value for fs.azure.account.key.
  • Verify the following:
    • Storage Account Key: Ensure that youโ€™ve correctly set the storage account key in your configuration.
    • Storage Credentials: Confirm that the storage credentials are properly configured in the Unity Catalog.
    • Access Permissions: Check if the Databricks access connector has the necessary permissions (such as โ€œStorage Blob Data Contributorโ€) on your storage account.
    • External Locations: Make sure the relevant containers are correctly added as external locations in the Unity Catalog.
    • Cluster Configuration: Review your clusterโ€™s access mode settings to ensure it aligns with Unity Catalog requirements.

Next Steps:

• Double-check your configuration settings, paying attention to the storage account key and access permissions.
  • If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Databricks support for further assistance.

Remember that Unity Catalog provides a powerful framework for data governance, but correct configuration and access management are crucial for seamless operation. Good luck troubleshooting, and may your data flow smoothly! ๐Ÿš€

reshmir18
New Contributor II

@Kaniz_Fatma I have provided all the necessary permissions and were able to browse through the folders of the container added as an external location.

I don't understand why the method setcheckpointdir looks for account key when the access is already provided using storage credentials for the storage account.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group