cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Want to set execution termination time/timeout limit for job in job config

Pratibha
New Contributor II

Hi , 

I Want to set execution termination time/timeout limit for job in job config file. please help me how I can do this by pass some parameter in job config file. 

2 REPLIES 2

RKNutalapati
Valued Contributor

Hi @Pratibha 

You can configure optional duration thresholds for a job, including an expected completion time for the job and a maximum completion time for the job. To configure duration thresholds, click Set duration thresholds.

RKNutalapati_1-1704651175785.png

RKNutalapati_2-1704651227169.png

If you are creating jobs using JOBS JSON API then you need to set the below in JSON for timeout.

RKNutalapati_3-1704651534470.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

RK

yep got it but there is some additional requirement in my project I want if job take longer time then it will terminate and again it will try even if there is timeout error and in databricks launched status should show retry by scheduler and it should follow min_retry_interval_millis before  start retry run.. how I can do this. I have set all parameter in config but once job gone in timeout it immidiatly start running and luanched status is not changing means it is not indicating my job is retried. please help

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group