cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create unity catalog in azure databricks

venkateshkallam
New Contributor II

unity create metastore.png

unitymetastore.png

unity blob.png

Hello community,

i'm trying to create a unity catalog in azure dataricks, but facing the issue, while creating it shows metastore already exist as error but in reality this is the first time i'm creating, in background it created meta store as half backed one, it's not creating any folder inside the container like 4c40710f-6296-412b-bde7-17d9fd3fc045

please check my attachment and help me to solve this, is it a bug or i'm i missing anything ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ashu_sama
New Contributor III

Hi @venkateshkallam , If you are still facing the issue, please try purging storage & revisions from Databricks Workspace.

You can do this by going to Admin Settings --> Storage --> purge

I did it for my workspace where residual files may be causing the problem and it worked for me.

FYI: It won't delete any of the notebooks, tables or clusters you have created.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ashu_sama
New Contributor III

I have been facing the similar issue. I am on a free trial subscription and I have been trying to create a unity catalog metastore for learning purpose but getting the error "The region already contains a metastore....".

I have tried creating it in other regions as well but getting the same error.

Please provide assistance on this asap. @Sujitha , @Kaniz_Fatma 

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@venkateshkallam what kind of subscription you are using, to be able to work on Unity catalog, you should be on premium subscription

ashu_sama
New Contributor III

Hi @venkateshkallam , If you are still facing the issue, please try purging storage & revisions from Databricks Workspace.

You can do this by going to Admin Settings --> Storage --> purge

I did it for my workspace where residual files may be causing the problem and it worked for me.

FYI: It won't delete any of the notebooks, tables or clusters you have created.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group