Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal error message: Failed to launch cluster in Kubernetes gcp databricks

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

we are using data bricks provided default workspace configuration in GCP. we have created 3 gcs buckets and we want to access them by using service principal name through data bricks all-purpose cluster. when we add service principal name in cluster, we are seeing time-out with following error.

Internal error message: Failed to launch cluster in Kubernetes in 1800 seconds. driver readiness:false,last executors readiness ration:1/1 expected executors readiness ratio 0.5

Spark Startup Failure: Spark was not able to start in time. This issue can be caused by a malfunctioning Hive metastore, invalid Spark configurations, or malfunctioning init scripts. Please refer to the Spark driver logs to troubleshoot this issue, and contact Databricks if the problem persists

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @karthik p​, As your error statement states, Please refer to the Spark driver logs to troubleshoot this issue, and contact Databricks if the problem persists.

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Kaniz Fatma​ I am trying to raise support ticket, but it is showing admin permission Issue. I am account owner and admin, but still i am unable raise support ticket. whereas if i raise through email it is going to normal priority and not receiving any response. can you please help on that

Antoine1
New Contributor III

Hello @karthik p​ ,

Sorry to send a message in this thread after 3 months, but have you had your issue resolved since then ?

We are facing the exact same one are still trying to get a hold of the support after 10 days.

Regards,

Antoine

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.