cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Databricks Community Champions
Experts dedicated to assisting community members by answering inquiries and producing high-quality content such as blogs, vlogs, and events. They consistently share and collaborate through their own platforms, always exuding enthusiasm and positivity.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Meet Yogita Chavan, a Pioneering Woman in AI.
Yogita is a trailblazer in the realm of artificial intelligence, proudly standing as our Community's very first woman featured member. 

Here are some of the questions we asked her during the interview, and these are her responses in her own words.

Name: Yogita Chavan
Community nickname: @Yogic24 
Pronouns: She/ Her
Company: Amdocs, Pune
Job Title: Data Engineer

Can you provide a brief overview of your career journey leading up to your current role?

I am Yogita Chavan, and my career journey has been a blend of technical education and hands-on experience. I hold a B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication, which laid the foundation for my technical skills. To further specialize, I pursued a CDAC certification in Big Data Analysis, which opened the door to the dynamic world of data.I began my professional career at Amdocs, where I have spent over three years as a Data Engineer. 

In this role, I have developed and refined my expertise in data engineering, working on numerous projects that leverage data to drive impactful decisions. I am fortunate to be part of a team that is dedicated to the vision of using data-driven insights to enhance the quality of life, making decisions that lead to healthier and happier communities.

What do you enjoy most about your current job or role?
My favorite thing about my current role as a Data Engineer at Amdocs is the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and large-scale data. I enjoy the challenge of solving complex data problems and the satisfaction of seeing how data-driven insights can lead to tangible improvements in business processes and decision-making. Additionally, being part of a collaborative and innovative team that shares a common goal of using data to create positive impacts makes the work environment truly inspiring and motivating.

If you had to describe yourself using three words, what would they be? How do you think your coworkers would describe you?
My coworkers would use to describe me are quick problem solver, collaborative, and dependable. They appreciate my ability to efficiently tackle challenges, my willingness to work together to achieve our goals, and my reliability in delivering quality results.

Have you had any mentors or significant influences in your professional life? If so, could you tell us about them?

Yes, I do have mentors in my professional life. My colleagues and my manager have been significant mentors to me. They have guided me through various challenges, provided invaluable insights, and shared their experiences to help me grow both professionally and personally. Their support and mentorship have been instrumental in shaping my career, and I am grateful for their continuous encouragement and guidance.

When and why did you first start using Databricks?

I started using Databricks in 2022 to explore new capabilities for our team's projects. Its scalability, unified platform for data tasks, and integration with tools like Apache Spark and MLflow made it a compelling choice for enhancing our data engineering and analytics capabilities.

Are there any Databricks features that you particularly enjoy or find indispensable in your work?

I find two Databricks features particularly valuable in my work: the Autocomplete feature in Databricks Assistant and the Unity Catalog. The Autocomplete feature streamlines coding by suggesting commands and syntax, which boosts my productivity when working on complex data tasks. Meanwhile, the Unity Catalog enhances our data management capabilities by centralizing access to datasets and ensuring consistency across projects, which is crucial for maintaining data integrity and efficiency.

Is there a Databricks feature you wish existed or would like to see in future updates?

I'm eager to see Databricks evolve with enhanced native support for real-time data processing. Integrating more advanced streaming analytics capabilities directly within the platform would empower users to handle and derive insights from streaming data more seamlessly. This improvement could streamline our real-time data pipelines and enhance our ability to make timely, data-driven decisions.

When did you join the Databricks Community, and what motivated you to do so?

I began using Databricks in 2022 to explore its capabilities for personal projects and learning opportunities. It provided a valuable platform to familiarize myself with Databricks' features and gain hands-on experience in a collaborative environment.

What aspects of the Databricks Community do you find most valuable or enjoyable?

I find the most rewarding aspect of being part of the Databricks Community is the vibrant exchange of ideas and insights among like-minded data professionals. It's inspiring to collaborate with others who share a passion for data and analytics, learning from their diverse perspectives and discovering new approaches to using Databricks technology effectively. This community-driven learning environment not only enhances my skills but also encourages continuous innovation in tackling complex data challenges

Outside of work, what is your favorite hobby or pastime?

My favorite hobby is cooking. I find joy in experimenting with different cuisines and flavors. Besides that, I also enjoy playing games, which helps me unwind and have fun. Additionally, I have a passion for traveling and exploring new places, experiencing different cultures and cuisines firsthand

Where do you envision yourself professionally in the next three years?
In three years, I see myself furthering my expertise in data engineering and analytics, possibly taking on more leadership responsibilities. I aim to continue contributing to innovative projects that leverage data-driven insights to solve meaningful business challenges. Additionally, I envision expanding my skills in emerging technologies and furthering my professional development within a dynamic and collaborative work environment

Social Media Handles
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yogitachavan/ 

Yogita’s journey in AI exemplifies innovation and perseverance. Her contributions have significantly advanced our understanding of data engineering, making complex concepts accessible and inspiring countless practitioners and learners. Yogita's commitment to excellence and her role in breaking barriers for women in AI make her a role model for aspiring data professionals everywhere. 🌟

Join us in celebrating Yogita’s achievements and her invaluable contributions to the Databricks Community. 🚀

1 Comment