cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting secret from Key Vault of previous version

Data_Analytics1
Contributor III

Hi,

I have added secrets in Azure Key Vault and also updated it few times. I need to access current as well as previous version secret in a data pipeline. 

dbutils.secrete.get(KeyName, SecretScopeName)

This gives me the current version of secret.

How can I access previous version secret using dbutils command?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Retired_mod ,

I tried executing following code:

SecreteScopeName = 'SecretScope'
KeyName = 'Key123'
version = '123456789abcdefghijklmn'
val = dbutils.secrets.get(SecreteScopeName, key=KeyName + version)

It is giving me the below error:

IllegalArgumentException: Secret does not exist with scope: SecretScope and key: Key123123456789abcdefghijklmn

Looks like after appending the version to secret name, dbutils command is looking for this new key which is combination of name and version.

johnb1
Contributor

Hi @Retired_mod@Data_Analytics1 

Has a solution this problem been found in the meantime?

I need to access a secret with a SPECIFIC VERSION from Azure Key Vault via Databricks Secret Scope. Hence while retrieving the secret I need to pass BOTH AKV secret name AND AKV secret version. I want to use a function such as 

dbutils.secrets.get(scope="my-scope", key="my-key")

Concatenating name and version and passing it into the function does not work.

Best,

John.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group