cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update python's runtime on AWS lambda function

rt-slowth
Contributor

I heard that version 3.8 of Python on AWS Lambda will be EOL within the year. I would like to update this runtime, but where can I find the CloundFormation stack template.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rt-slowth

Yes, you’re correct. AWS Lambda is ending support for Python 3.8 on October 14, 2024. This follows Python 3.8’s End-Of-Life (EOL) which is scheduled for October 2024.

To update the runtime of your AWS Lambda function, you can modify the Runtime property in your AWS CloudFormation stack template. 

To update the CloudFormation stack, you can use the AWS CLI command aws cloudformation update-stack.

sandipkumar
New Contributor II

Thanks. I went to AWS Cloudformation stack and edited the template from python 3.8 to 3.12 and updated. I did this for both the workspace stack and the s3 ingestion stack. Will it break anything? Do I need to make any changes in the python code in the template so that there are no problems? If so, what do I need to change?

All the s3 connections I made were made in the last 3 months. Why is Databricks still using python 3.8 in its templates?

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group