cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System table with state UNAVAILABLE

SamyA
New Contributor II

Hello,

When I check the system table's status, it seems that they are in UNAVAILABLE state. I would like to know if anyone have faced this issue ?

Because of that, I can't enable the system table.

{"schemas":[{"schema":"storage","state":"UNAVAILABLE"},{"schema":"operational_data","state":"UNAVAILABLE"},{"schema":"access","state":"UNAVAILABLE"},{"schema":"billing","state":"UNAVAILABLE"},{"schema":"compute","state":"UNAVAILABLE"},{"schema":"marketplace","state":"UNAVAILABLE"},{"schema":"lineage","state":"UNAVAILABLE"},{"schema":"information_schema","state":"ENABLE_COMPLETED"}]}

Thank you,

Samy

7 REPLIES 7

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please elaborate the issue a little more? How it ended up with the error? Other tables are working fine or not? What's the query etc.? 

danm
New Contributor II

I have the same issue - this shows up when trying to enable systems table and following the docs Monitor usage with system tables - Azure Databricks | Microsoft Learn

I'm getting exactly the same response on REST request to the UC API for a list of available schemas. When trying to ignore the status and making a PUT call to enable any of them, this (as expected) fails  
```

{"error_code":"INTERNAL_ERROR","message":"System schema \"billing\" is not currently available for enablement",

```

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please refer https://community.databricks.com/t5/administration-architecture/unable-to-access-all-schemas-in-syst... and confirm if these are satisfied? 

danm
New Contributor II

I can confirm in my case I tick off all the requirements - workspace is UC enabled, I'm UC admin, I can use the API for other operations

SamyA
New Contributor II

I can confirm too that I tick off all these requirements.

azdatabricks
New Contributor II

Hi, I have the same issue. I was able to enable it last year (2023) without any issue, however when I re-create metastore this year (2024) and try to enable system table again, all the schemas ( operational_data, access, billing, compute, marketplace ) are unavailable states. Please advise.

D365
New Contributor II

May Be internal Issue

Follow

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group