cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webassessor Secure Browser will not Launch during exam.

vrajesh123
New Contributor II

Hello - 

I registered for the Databricks Data Engineering Associate Certification exam.  I hit an issue, their Secure browser would not launch, it just crashed - the only thing I could see in a flash is "bad request" and poof its gone.  

Spend over 2 hours with the Support at Webassessor and nothing worked.  I turned off all the firewalls, antivirus, even opened up my home network firewall and still nothing, their secure browser just would not launch. 

I tried with another laptop and that also did not work. Tried disconnecting my WIFI and use my cell phone as mobile hotspot and that did not work either.  SO going to a Public Library and taking this on an open WIFI is not going to work either.

I am not sure if the issue was my laptops/network or the issue with Secure Browser from Webassessor.  I requested for a refund and they have granted me the refund.  BUT I have lost the discount coupon from Databricks $100 off certification exam.  So now I am not sure how to proceed with testing as:

1. Secure Browser does not work - There is no option for on site testing in my area 
  2. Lost my Discount 
  3. Even if I register again paying full price, I am not sure it will work again. 
  4. I would love to get back that discount code so that I can try one more time.

So not sure if anyone out here has had this type of issue and if so, how did you resolve it to take the exam? 

@DataBricks - please Help/Advice

Thanks, 

Vrajesh. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @vrajesh123

Thank you for posting your concern on Community! To expedite your request, please list your concerns on our ticketing portal. Our support staff would be able to act faster on the resolution (our standard resolution time is 24-48 hours).

Our End-of-Year Community Survey is here! Please take a few moments to complete the survey. Your feedback matters!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @vrajesh123

Thank you for posting your concern on Community! To expedite your request, please list your concerns on our ticketing portal. Our support staff would be able to act faster on the resolution (our standard resolution time is 24-48 hours).

Our End-of-Year Community Survey is here! Please take a few moments to complete the survey. Your feedback matters!

Hi Thank you, I've opened a ticket with databricks and I have also signed up for the exam again. So let's see if it will work this time around. 

thanks, 

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group