cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
Dive into the world of machine learning on the Databricks platform. Explore discussions on algorithms, model training, deployment, and more. Connect with ML enthusiasts and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoML Doesn't Work Due to Not being able to generate the EDA notebook

adoodsonruby
Visitor

Hi

I'm trying run AutoML classification experiment with a dataset that I have made, and am experiencing this issue even after I have purposely downsampled my dataset before running it into the AutoML experiment. 

It appears that there is no way for me to not generate an EDA notebook, and the failure of generating the EDA notebook is what is preventing AutoML from functioning. Is there anyway for me to either:

1) Prevent the EDA notebook from being generated

2) Edit the formatting of the EDA notebook before it is attempted to be generated (e.g. remove display functions)

3) Increase the size allowed of Notebooks?

2024/10/02 23:45:18 WARNING databricks.automl.internal.context: Data exploration notebook failed with error Exception('Unable to generate notebook at /Users/andrew.doodson@rubyplaynetwork.com/databricks_automl/24-10-02-23:43-cb_flag_daily_summary_with_cb_ds-2024_10_03-12_43-c884-nb-93c97c87/24-10-02-23:43-DataExploration-9868ccbab7eaccada7f66d07e923e28a using format JUPYTER: {"error_code":"BAD_REQUEST","message":"Notebook is too large."}\n')
2024/10/02 23:45:18 ERROR databricks.automl.internal.supervised_learner: AutoML run with experiment id: 1848102398883203 failed with non-AutoML error AttributeError("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'url'")

The actual error listed is below, which I believe comes from the EDA notebook not being made: 

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'url'
    611 _logger.info("Data exploration complete. Notebook can be found at: "
--> 612              f"{data_exp_nb_details.url}")

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group