cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
Dive into the world of machine learning on the Databricks platform. Explore discussions on algorithms, model training, deployment, and more. Connect with ML enthusiasts and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access databricks feature store outside databricks?

Nithin
New Contributor II

We are building the feature store using databricks API. Few of the machine learning engineers are using Jupyter notebooks. Is it possible to use feature store outside databricks?

7 REPLIES 7

Atanu
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

Thanks true.

I see databricks plugin in Visual Studio. Is that of any use? I am interested because if I get the things in Visual Studio I will be able to use GitCopilot there. That's amazing.

from databricks import feature_store

from databricks.feature_store import FeatureStoreClient,feature_table

we used to use them in databricks notebooks trying to replicate the same in pycharm however it doesn't seem to work . some say u can patch code using below link

Tips and Tricks for using Python with Databricks Connect - DEV Community

what's your suggestion on this and i read your above response it says accessible through jobs what does that mean ... did u mean trigger it through job (adf) and databricks notebook's code run on databricks cluster . How about running a job through IDE .

please explain

Elroczy
New Contributor II

@Kaniz Fatma​ I have a question regarding accessing feature tables created in databricks via DBFS.

I see that the data has to reside in dbfs to read and run the feature store on top of it. In my environment, dbfs is locked for security reasons. Is there a workaround or another way to write and read access the feature table maybe from an azure blob container?

Hi @Uc A​ ,

Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help or @Kaniz Fatma​ 's response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

still need help

datariel
New Contributor II

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​  and @Jose Gonzalez​ ,

turning back to the original question, and considering that one of the main benefits of the Feature Store is the removal of the online/offline skew, how could I access to the features from a client application like a web app for instance, external to Databricks? Is there any way?

Thanks!

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group