cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MLFlow Recipes + Feature Store

lndlzy
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am currently exploring MLFlow recipes, is there someone here who has already tried implementing MLFlow Recipes along with Databricks Feature Store? I am curious as to how you somehow defined the ingestion steps since I am unable to think of a way to somewhat do it. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lndlzyTo integrate MLflow Recipes with Databricks Feature Store, follow these steps.

1. **Define Features**: Write code to convert raw data into features and create a Spark DataFrame containing the desired features. If your workspace is enabled, write the DataFrame as a feature table in the Workspace Feature Store.

2. **Train Model**: Train a model using features from the feature store. When you do this, the model stores the specifications of features used for training. When the model is used for inference, it automatically joins features from the appropriate feature tables.

3. **Register Model**: Register the trained model in the Model Registry.

4. **Model Inference**: You can now use the model to predict new data. The model automatically retrieves the features it needs from the Feature Store. For real-time serving use cases, publish the features to an online store. At inference time, the model reads pre-computed features from the online store and joins them with the data provided in the client request to the model serving endpoint.

You can check the Basic Feature Store example notebook provided in the Databricks documentation for a step-by-step guide. It guides you through how to create a feature store table, use it to train a model, and then perform batch scoring using automatic feature lookup.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.