cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Page Title

Welcome to the Databricks Community

Discover the latest insights, collaborate with peers, get help from experts and make meaningful connections

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unity Catalog Lakeguard: Industry-first and only data governance for multi-user Apache™ Spark cluste

Run Scala, Python and SQL workloads on shared, cost-efficient multi-user compute. We are thrilled to announce Unity Catalog Lakeguard, which allows you to run Apache Spark™ workloads in SQL, Python, and Scala with full data governance on the Databric...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Thursday
Announcing the General Availability of Databricks Asset Bundles

Get started with Databricks Asset Bundles (DABs) today! Simplify project management, versioning, testing, and deployment for your data and AI projects on the Databricks Platform. Embrace software engineering best practices with DABs—source control, c...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
Wednesday
Register now and save 50% on training at Data + AI Summit!

For a limited time, we're offering 50% off training and certification at Data + AI Summit with the following code: TRAIN50FOTY. This offer expires on May 3, 2024. Register today and add training. Read more here!

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Tuesday
How to successfully build GenAI applications

The Big Book of Generative AI brings together best practices and know-how for building production-quality GenAI applications. You’ll find technical content and code samples that will help you do everything from deploying your first application to bui...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Monday

Community Activity

subha2
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

metadata driven DQ validation for multiple tables dynamically

There are multiple tables in the config/metadata table. These tables need to bevalidated for DQ rules.1.Natural Key / Business Key /Primary Key cannot be null orblank.2.Natural Key/Primary Key cannot be duplicate.3.Join columns missing values4.Busine...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
enkefalos-commu
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to create serving endpoint for the huggingface model phi-3-mini-128k-instruct

#20 69.92 ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement transformers==4.41.0.dev0 (from versions: 0.1, 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.2.0, 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.3.0, 2.4.0, 2.4.1, 2.5.0, 2.5.1, 2.6.0, 2.7.0, 2.8.0, 2.9.0, 2.9.1, 2.10.0, 2.11.0, 3....

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
MichTalebzadeh
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Financial Crime detection with the help of Apache Spark, Data Mesh and Data Lakes.

For those interested in Data Mesh and Data Lakes for FinCrime detection:Data mesh is a relatively new architectural concept for data management that emphasizes domain-driven data ownership and self-service data availability. It promotes the decentral...

Knowledge Sharing Hub
data lakes
Data Mesh
financial crime
spark
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Sikki
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Asset Bundle Workflow Redeployment Issue

Hello All,In my Databricks workflows, I have three tasks configured, with the final task set to run only if the condition "ALL_DONE" is met. During the first deployment, I observed that the dependency "ALL_DONE" was correctly assigned to the last tas...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Sikki
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Hi, I've attached two snapshots, one from the initial deployment and another from the second redeployment, where no changes were made to the code.

• 0 kudos
erectin1
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

E r e c t i n r e v i e w s - Does it works

E r e  c t i n r e v i e w s provide a comprehensive overview of this sought-after male enhanc ement solution, detailing its impact on performance and satisfaction."Explore user testimonials and expert analysis to gauge the potency and reliabilityCli...

Thailand
erectin
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
testosil
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Top-Rated Testosil Reviews Unveiled! - Does testosil works?

Testosil reviews praise its effectiveness in boosting testosterone levels, enhancing vitality, and improving muscle mass. Users report experiencing increased energy and libido, alongside better athletic performance. The supplement is lauded for its n...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
User15787040559
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

What's the difference between a Global view and a Temp view?

The difference between Global and Temp is how the lifetime of the view is tied to the application:http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/python/reference/api/pyspark.sql.DataFrame.createOrReplaceTempView.html?highlight=createorreplacetempview#pyspar...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
ScottSmithDB
Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Correct A Temp View is scoped to the SparkSession and dropped when that session closes.  Each notebook runs in its own SparkSession.  The Global Temp View is scoped to the cluster and dropped when the cluster re-starts or you drop it. ---------------...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
legobricks
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to mount GCS bucket with underscores in the name

I have two buckets with the same configurations and labels.One is named my-bucket and the other is my_bucket. I am able to mount my-bucket but get an opaque error message when trying to mount my_bucket. Is this known/expected behavior? Are underscore...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
shanebo425
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks OutOfMemory error on code that previously worked without issue

I have a notebook in Azure Databricks that does some transformations on a bronze tier table and inserts the transformed data into a silver tier table. This notebook is used to do an initial load of the data from our existing system into our new datal...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
sp1
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Pass date value as parameter in Databricks SQL notebook

I want to pass yesterday date (In the example 20230115*.csv) in the csv file. Don't know how to create parameter and use it here.CREATE OR REPLACE TEMPORARY VIEW abc_delivery_logUSING CSVOPTIONS ( header="true", delimiter=",", inferSchema="true", pat...

• 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Asifpanjwani
  • 4 kudos

@Kaniz @sp1 @Chaitanya_Raju @daniel_sahal Hi Everyone,I need the same scenario on SQL code, because my DBR cluster not allowed me to run python codeError: Unsupported cell during execution. SQL warehouses only support executing SQL cells.I appreciate...

• 4 kudos
6 More Replies
Mathias_Peters
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

On the fly transformations on DLT tables

Hi, I am loading data from a kinesis data stream using DLT. CREATE STREAMING TABLE Consumers_kinesis_2 ( ..., unbase64(data) String, ... ) AS SELECT * FROM STREAM read_kinesis (...) Is it possible to directly cast, unbase64, and/or transform the resu...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
patrickw
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

connect timed out error - Connecting to SQL Server from Databricks

I am getting a connect timed out error when attempting to access a sql server. I can successfully ping the server from Databricks. I have used the jdbc connection and the sqlserver included driver and both result in the same error. I have also attemp...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Willianms98
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testosil Revealed - Real Customer Experience and Fact Check

Testosil is a total game-changer! Since starting it, I feel like a whole new person. More energy, sharper focus, and just feeling great overall. What I love most is its natural ingredients, no worries about anything artificial. Taking it is a breeze,...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Joaquim
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New admin question: How do you enable R on a existing cluster?

Hello Community. I have a user trying to use R and receive the error message illustrated on the attachment. I can't seem to find correct documentation on enabling R on an existing cluster. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Than...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
ChristopherJS
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testosil Reviews (2024): Is It Worth Buying Or Not

Testosil rocks! It's been a total game-changer for me. Since I started using it, I've felt a real boost in my sprightliness and focus. What's awesome is that it's made with natural ingredients, so I feel good about what I'm putting into my body. Plus...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Latest from our Blog

Mastering the Spark UI

Almost anyone who uses Spark or Databricks is aware of the Spark UI, and we all know that it’s a super powerful tool in the right hands. It can reveal what’s going wrong and any inefficiencies in you...

760Views 4kudos