New Contributor II

I have pdf files stored in azure adls.

i want to parse pdf files in pyspark dataframes

how can i do that ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

User16752240003
Contributor

If you have familiarity with Scala you can use Tika. Tika is a wrapper around PDFBox. In case you want to use it in Databricks I suggest you to go through this blog and Git repo. For python based codes you may want to use PyPDF2 as a pandas UDF in Spark.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ Kamal ! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers on the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will follow up with my team and get back to you soon.Thanks.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

I know of Apache Tika. But that is a java lib and I do not know if there are python bindings.

Pypi has a python version though:

https://pypi.org/project/tika/

It might help.

User16752240003
Contributor

If you have familiarity with Scala you can use Tika. Tika is a wrapper around PDFBox. In case you want to use it in Databricks I suggest you to go through this blog and Git repo. For python based codes you may want to use PyPDF2 as a pandas UDF in Spark.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.