Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

User16835756816
by Valued Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Never miss a beat! Stay up to date with all Databricks news, including product updates, and helpful product tips by signing up for our monthly newslet...

Never miss a beat! Stay up to date with all Databricks news, including product updates, and helpful product tips by signing up for our monthly newsletter.Note: Newsletter is currently available to only AWS & GCP customers.

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos
User16835756816
by Valued Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Learn the basics with these resources: Register for an AWS Onboarding Webinar or an Azure Quickstart Lab- Learn the fundamentals from a Customer Succe...

Learn the basics with these resources: Register for an AWS Onboarding Webinar or an Azure Quickstart Lab- Learn the fundamentals from a Customer Success Engineer & get all your onboarding questions answered live.Started using Databricks, but have que...

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos
User16835756816
by Valued Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Welcome to Databricks! Here you will find resources for a successful onboarding experience. In this group you can ask quick questions and have them an...

Welcome to Databricks! Here you will find resources for a successful onboarding experience. In this group you can ask quick questions and have them answered by experts to unblock and accelerate your ramp up with Databricks.

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos
magy
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display, count and write commands stuck after 1st job

Hi, I have problems with displaying and saving a table in Databricks. Simple command can run for hours without any progress..Before that I am not doing any rocket science - code runs in less than a minute, I have one join at the end. I am using 7.3 ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

hi @Just Magy​ ,what is your data source? what type of lazy transformation and actions do you have in your code? Do you partition your data? Please provide more details.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
amitdatabricksc
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'repartition'

I am using a framework and i have a query where i am doing,df = seg_df.select(*).write.option("compression", "gzip') and i am getting below error,When i don't do the write.option i am not getting below error. Why is it giving me repartition error. Wh...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

hi @AMIT GADHAVI​ ,could you provide more details? for example, what is your data source? how do you repartition? etc

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
eq
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Multi-task Jobs orchestration - simulating onComplete status

Currently, we are investigating how to effectively incorporate databricks latest feature for orchestration of tasks - Multi-task Jobs.The default behaviour is that a downstream task would not be executed if the previous one has failed for some reason...

• 7 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
User16844513407
New Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Stefan V​ ,My name is Jan and I'm a product manager working on job orchestration. Thank you for your question. At the moment this is not something directly supported yet, this is however on our radar. If you are interested in having a short conve...

• 7 kudos
6 More Replies
snoeprol
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Unable to open files with python, but filesystem shows files exist

Dear community,I have the following problem:%fs mv '/FileStore/Tree_point_classification-1.dlpk' '/dbfs/mnt/group22/Tree_point_classification-1.dlpk'I have uploaded a file of a ML-model and have transferred it to the directory with When I now check ...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

There is dbfs:/dbfs/ displayed maybe file is in /dbfs/dbfs directory? Please check it and try to open with open('/dbfs/dbfs. You can also use "data" from left menu to check what is in dbfs file system more easily.

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
alonisser
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Accessing confluent schema registry from databricks with scala fails with 401 (just for scala, not python, just in databricks)

Nore, I've tested with the same connection variable:locally with scala - works (via the same prod schema registry)in the cluster with python - worksin the cluster with scala - fails with 401 auth errordef setupSchemaRegistry(schemaRegistryUrl: String...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
alonisser
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Found the issue: it's the uber package mangling some dependency resolving, which I fixedAnother issue, is that currently you can't use 6.* branch of confluent schema registry client in databricks, because the avro version is different then the one su...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
kjoth
by Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Databricks default python libraries list & version

We are using data-bricks. How do we know the default libraries installed in the databricks & what versions are being installed. I have ran pip list, but couldn't find the pyspark in the returned list.

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 5 kudos

Hi @karthick J​ ,If you would like to see all the libraries installed in your cluster and the version, then I will recommend to check the "Environment" tab. In there you will be able to find all the libraries installed in your cluster.Please follow t...

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
Erik
by Valued Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos

Databricks query performance when filtering on a column correlated to the partition-column

(This is a copy of a question I asked on stackoverflow here, but maybe this community is a better fit for the question):Setting: Delta-lake, Databricks SQL compute used by powerbi. I am wondering about the following scenario: We have a column `timest...

• 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

In query I would just query first by date (generated from timestamp which we want to query) and than by exact timestamp, so it will use partitioning benefit.

• 7 kudos
5 More Replies
Kaniz
by Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

There are API endpoints to manage clusters. Official documentation: https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/clusters.html. Here is example code which can be run from notebook:ctx = dbutils.notebook.entry_point.getDbutils().notebook().getCon...

• 2 kudos
BradCliQ
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Clean up of residual AWS resources when deleting a DB workspace

When deleting a workspace from the Databricks Accounts Console, I noticed the AWS resources (VPC, NAT, etc.) are not removed. Should they be? And if not, is there a clean/simple way of cleaning up the residual AWS resources?

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
BradCliQ
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Thank you Prabakar - that's what I figured but didn't know if there was documentation on resource cleanup. I'll just go through and find everything the CF stack created and remove them.Regards,Brad

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
omsas
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to add Columns for Automatic Fill on Pandas Python

1. I have data x,I would like to create a new column with the condition that the value are 1, 2 or 32. The name of the column is SHIFT where this SHIFT column will be filled automatically if the TIME_CREATED column meets the conditions.3. the conditi...

Columns Table Result of tested
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

You an do something like this in pandas. Note there could be a more performant way to do this too. import pandas as pd import numpy as np   df = pd.DataFrame({'a':[1,2,3,4]}) df.head() > a > 0 1 > 1 2 > 2 3 > 3 4   conditions = [(df['a'] <=2...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
SQLArchitect
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Writing Records Failing Constraint Requirements to Separate Table when using Delta Live Tables

Are there any plans / capabilities in place or approaches people are using for writing (logging) records failing constraint requirements to separate tables when using Delta Live Tables? Also, are there any plans / capabilities in place or approaches ...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

According to the language reference documentation, I do not believe quarantining records is possible right now out of the box. But there are a few workarounds under the current functionality. Create a second table with the inverse of the expectations...

• 1 kudos
Kamal2
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! PDF Parsing in Notebook

I have pdf files stored in azure adls.i want to parse pdf files in pyspark dataframeshow can i do that ?

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
User16752240003
Contributor
  • 2 kudos

If you have familiarity with Scala you can use Tika. Tika is a wrapper around PDFBox. In case you want to use it in Databricks I suggest you to go through this blog and Git repo. For python based codes you may want to use PyPDF2 as a pandas UDF in S...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors