Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

omsas
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to add Columns for Automatic Fill on Pandas Python

1. I have data x,I would like to create a new column with the condition that the value are 1, 2 or 32. The name of the column is SHIFT where this SHIFT column will be filled automatically if the TIME_CREATED column meets the conditions.3. the conditi...

Columns Table Result of tested
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

You an do something like this in pandas. Note there could be a more performant way to do this too. import pandas as pd import numpy as np   df = pd.DataFrame({'a':[1,2,3,4]}) df.head() > a > 0 1 > 1 2 > 2 3 > 3 4   conditions = [(df['a'] <=2...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
SQLArchitect
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Writing Records Failing Constraint Requirements to Separate Table when using Delta Live Tables

Are there any plans / capabilities in place or approaches people are using for writing (logging) records failing constraint requirements to separate tables when using Delta Live Tables? Also, are there any plans / capabilities in place or approaches ...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

According to the language reference documentation, I do not believe quarantining records is possible right now out of the box. But there are a few workarounds under the current functionality. Create a second table with the inverse of the expectations...

• 1 kudos
Kamal2
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! PDF Parsing in Notebook

I have pdf files stored in azure adls.i want to parse pdf files in pyspark dataframeshow can i do that ?

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
User16752240003
Contributor
  • 2 kudos

If you have familiarity with Scala you can use Tika. Tika is a wrapper around PDFBox. In case you want to use it in Databricks I suggest you to go through this blog and Git repo. For python based codes you may want to use PyPDF2 as a pandas UDF in S...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
MudassarA
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How to fix TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'max_iter'?

# Create the model using sklearn (don't worry about the parameters for now): model = SGDRegressor(loss='squared_loss', verbose=0, eta0=0.0003, max_iter=3000) Train/fit the model to the train-part of the dataset: odel.fit(X_train, y_train) ERROR: Typ...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Fantomas_nl
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Replacing max_iter with n_iter resolves the error. Thnx! It is a bit unusual to expect errors like this with this type of solution from Microsoft. As if it could not be prevented..

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Artem_Yevtushen
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Show all distinct values per column in dataframe Problem Statement:I want to see all the distinct values per column for my entire table, but a SQL que...

Show all distinct values per column in dataframeProblem Statement:I want to see all the distinct values per column for my entire table, but a SQL query with a collect_set() on every column is not dynamic and too long to write.Use this code to show th...

collect set table
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

@Artem Yevtushenko​ - This is great! Thank you for sharing!

• 2 kudos
aimas
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! error creating tables using UI

Hi, i try to create a table using UI, but i keep getting the error "error creating table <table name> create a cluster first" even when i have a cluster alread running. what is the problem?

• 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Be sure that cluster is selected (arrow in database) and at least there is Default database.

• 5 kudos
7 More Replies
Orianh
by Valued Contributor II
  • 11 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Read JSON files from the s3 bucket

Hello guys, I'm trying to read JSON files from the s3 bucket. but no matter what I try I get Query returned no result or if I don't specify the schema I get unable to infer a schema.I tried to mount the s3 bucket, still not works.here is some code th...

• 11 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 10 kudos

Please refer to the doc that helps you to read JSON. If you are getting this error the problem should be with the JSON schema. Please validate it.As a test, create a simple JSON file (you can get it on the internet), upload it to your S3 bucket, and ...

• 10 kudos
10 More Replies
Data_Bricks1
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

data from 10 BLOB containers and multiple hierarchical folders(every day and every hour folders) in each container to Delta lake table in parquet format - Incremental loading for latest data only insert no updates

I am able to load data for single container by hard coding, but not able to load from multiple containers. I used for loop, but data frame is loading only last container's last folder record only.Here one more issue is I have to flatten data, when I ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

for sure function (def) should be declared outside loop, move it after importing libraries,logic is a bit complicated you need to debug it using display(Flatten_df2) (or .show()) and validating json after each iteration (using break or sleep etc.)

• 0 kudos
6 More Replies
StephanieRivera
by Valued Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Hi as it is transaction tables (there are history commits and snapshot). I would not store there images or videos as it can be saved few times and you will have high storage costs, it can also be slow when data is big.I would definitely store images,...

• 5 kudos
User16826994223
by Honored Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

AssertionError: assertion failed: Unable to delete the record but I am able to select it though

Is there any reason this command works well:%sql SELECT * FROM datanase.table WHERE salary > 1000returning 2 rows, while the below:%sql delete FROM datanase.table WHERE salary > 1000ErrorError in SQL statement: AssertionError: assertion failed:...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16826994223
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

DELETE FROM (and similarly UPDAT. aren't supported on the Parquet files - right now on Databricks, it's supported for Delta format. You can convert your parquet files into delta using CONVERT TO DELTA, and then this command will work for you.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
dataslicer
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Unable to save Spark Dataframe to driver node's local file system as CSV file

Running Azure Databricks Enterprise DBR 8.3 ML running on a single node, with Python notebook. I have 2 small Spark dataframes that I am able source via credential passthrough reading from ADLSgen2 via `abfss://` method and display the full content ...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Dan_Z
Honored Contributor
  • 4 kudos

Modern Spark operates by a design choice to separate storage and compute. So saving a csv to the river's local disk doesn't make sense for a few reasons:the worker nodes don't have access to the driver's disk. They would need to send the data over to...

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
PaulHernandez
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to show an image in a notebook using html?

Hi everyone, I just learning how to personalize the databricks notebooks and would like to show a logo in a cell. I installed the databricks cli and was able to upload the image file to the dbfs: I try to display it like this: displayHTML("<im...

0693f000007OoKMAA0 0693f000007OoKNAA0
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
_robschaper
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

@Paul Hernandez​ @Sean Owen​ @Navneet Tuteja​ I solved this after I also ran into the same issue where my notebook suddenly wouldn't show an image sitting on the driver in an accessible folder - no matter what I was trying in the notebook the display...

• 0 kudos
6 More Replies
daindana
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Why doesn't my notebook display widgets when I use 'dbutils' while it is displayed with '%sql CREATE WIDGET'?

The widget is not shown when I use dbutils while it works perfect with sql.For example, %sql   CREATE WIDGET TEXT state DEFAULT "CA"This one shows me widget.dbutils.widgets.text("name", "Brickster", "Name") dbutils.widgets.multiselect("colors", "oran...

dbutils get info from widget dbutils widget creation
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
daindana
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Hello, Ryan! For some reason, this problem is solved, and now it is working perfectly! I did nothing new, but it is just working now. Thank you!:)

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors