Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with databricks workspace

RantoB
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I have the following error :

Error: b'{"error_code":"TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE","message":"The service at /api/2.0/workspace/get-status is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."}'

when I do :

databricks workspace export_dir path .

or

databricks workspace ls /

How can I salve that ? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

probably some issue in network connectivity (between you and databricks), as it should work, that is if you configured it correctly (databricks configure).

Just ran your 2nd example and it works (Azure).

RantoB
Valued Contributor

I don't think so. Actually, on databricks I run

%sh
ls /Workspace

and I got

ls: cannot open directory '/Workspace': Resource temporarily unavailable

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Bertrand BURCKER​ You might need to provide the absolute path to get the result.

Please refer to https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/cli/workspace-cli.html#list-objects-in-a-workspace

RantoB
Valued Contributor

azuredevopsFrom an Azure DevOps pipeline, I cannot import a folder and I thinks this is due to my workspace directory which is not available for some reaons.

I tried on 2 different databricks workspaces and I have the same issue.

May be this is related to the way I configure my databricks workspace ?

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Please try to reconfigure cli. Please double check databricks host

databricks configure --token

Regarding second command which you shared (%sh ls /Workspace)

it will not work on free community edition. There you can use only native function like -  dbutils.fs.ls and access only to dbfs file system.

Additionally even when it is not free edition you can not access directly /Workspace folder via shell as by default permissions there are managed by databricks console or CLI so shell access have to be disabled to that folder as it could make security issues.

miwilc
New Contributor II

Hello. I am having the same issue but the difference is, that I use the integrated web-terminal in Azure Databricks.

The following call from the root folder :

ls Workspace/

throws the same error that has been mentioned in the original issue, namely :

ls: cannot open directory 'Workspace/': Resource temporarily unavailable

I am not convinced that this access is blocked by design, since Databricks oficially shows this in this example: https://docs.databricks.com/repos/work-with-notebooks-other-files.html#use-databricks-web-terminal-f...

Which configuration has to be made in order to make it available?

KR, Michal.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.