Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change cluster mid-pipeline

niels
New Contributor III

I have a notebook functioning as a pipeline, where multiple notebooks are chained together.

The issue I'm facing is that some of the notebooks are spark-optimized, others aren't, and what I want is to use 1 cluster for the former and another for the latter. However, this would mean changing clusters halfway through the pipeline notebook. Is that possible? And if so, how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, you can achieve this by setting two different job clusters. In the screenshot, you can see I have used 2 job clusters PipelineTest and pipelinetest2. You can refer the doc https://docs.databricks.com/jobs.html#cluster-config-tips

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

In such a case, orchestrating those jobs using Azure Data Factory is highly recommended.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, you can achieve this by setting two different job clusters. In the screenshot, you can see I have used 2 job clusters PipelineTest and pipelinetest2. You can refer the doc https://docs.databricks.com/jobs.html#cluster-config-tips

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Niels Ota​, Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Hubert Dudek (Customer)​ and @Prabakar Ammeappin​'s response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Niels Ota​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar Ammeappin​ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

niels
New Contributor III

Hi Kaniz, sorry for the incredibly late reply. My notifications for responses ended up in my spam folder!

I ended up using ADF, but tried @Prabakar Ammeappin​ 's solution and that worked too!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.