Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Azure Databricks unable to connect to private DNS KeyVault in createScope, showing "DNS invalid"

Nilave
New Contributor III

I have an Azure KeyVault with private endpoint created in the same Vnet as Azure Databricks. While trying to add it as a scope using the private DNS Zone ie <KVname>.privatelink.vaultcore.azure.net

getting error "DNS  is invalid and cannot be reached."

If I try to ping it from Azure Databricks using as below

%sh ping <KVName>.privatelink.vaultcore.azure.net , it does resolves to its private IP address.

What could be the issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mark_362882
New Contributor III

I got it working by creating the KV backed scope via UI. I used the the dns without the private part: <KVName>.vault.azure.net

The private dns will resolve it to the right IP.

You do have to check the "Allow trusted Microsoft services to bypass this firewall" in the Firewalls and virtual tab if you have set Allow access from to disable public access or Allow public access from specific virtual networks and IP addresses.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nilave Chakrabortyโ€‹ , You will find a similar issue in a similar thread here, which already has the best answer- https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D53f00001HKHjtCAH/databricks-cannot-access-azure-key-va...

Do let us know if that helps.

mark_362882
New Contributor III

This is not the answer.

I have the same question.

How can I connect an Azure Key Vault with private endpoint to the databricks vnet?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nilave Chakrabortyโ€‹ โ€‹, We havenโ€™t heard from you on the last response from me, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

Soma
Valued Contributor

hi @Kaniz Fatmaโ€‹ @Nilave Chakrabortyโ€‹ still facing the same issue.

The solution you have provided is not working and in this case the key vault dns itself not getting resolved.

Can you please let me know how this got resolved

mark_362882
New Contributor III

I got it working by creating the KV backed scope via UI. I used the the dns without the private part: <KVName>.vault.azure.net

The private dns will resolve it to the right IP.

You do have to check the "Allow trusted Microsoft services to bypass this firewall" in the Firewalls and virtual tab if you have set Allow access from to disable public access or Allow public access from specific virtual networks and IP addresses.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mark van den bergโ€‹, Thank you for sharing your workaround to this question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.