cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MLFlow failed: You haven't configured the CLI yet

Yoni
New Contributor

I'm getting an error

You havenโ€™t configured the CLI yet! Please configure by entering `/databricks/python_shell/scripts/db_ipykernel_launcher.py configure`

My cluster is running Databricks Runtime Version 10.1

I've also installed mlflow to the cluster libraries, I've tried just using the runtime without installing but couldn't import mlflow

I found this question , but the solution there didn't help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Yoni Madarโ€‹ This issue can occur when we are running the code with non-ML cluster, though you install ML libraries. Using ML cluster will resolve this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Yoni Madarโ€‹ This issue can occur when we are running the code with non-ML cluster, though you install ML libraries. Using ML cluster will resolve this.

Merchiv
New Contributor III

Is there a way to resolve this issue without using ml clusters? Due to our current setup, I'm currently limited in which clusters I can manually create and a quick workaround for development purposes would be helpful here.

yopbibo
Contributor II

Hi,

Following Merchiv's request. A workaround to get it to work on non-ML cluster?
It used to work on older non-ml-runtime. Now it's boring for many users ๐Ÿ˜ž

Thanks

HemantKumar
New Contributor II
dbutils.library.restartPython()
Add that after you run the pip install mlflow, it worked for me in a non-ML cluster

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group