Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Skv
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Snowflake query with time travel not working from Databricks while reading into Dataframe.

I am trying to read the changes data from snowflake query into the dataframe using Databricks.Same query is working in snowflake but not in Databricks. Both sides timezones and format are same for the timestamp. I am trying to implement changetrackin...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
sher
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

you are format is wrong that's why you got an errortry thisSELECT * FROM TestTable CHANGES(INFORMATION => DEFAULT) AT(TIMESTAMP => TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ('2023-05-03 00:43:34.885','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS.FF')) 

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
dbx_8451
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to set the permissions to databricks jobs that created and run from Azure Data Factory(ADF)?

I would like to set the permissions to jobs such as granting "CAN_VIEW" or "CAN_MANAGE" to specific groups that run from ADF. It appears that we need to set permissions in pipe line where job runs from ADF, But I could not figure it out. ​​

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
dbx_8451
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thank you @Debayan Mukherjee​  and @Vidula Khanna​  for getting back to me. But, it didn't help my case. I am specifically looking for setting permissions to the job so that our team can see the job cluster including Spark UI with that privilege. ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
dave_hiltbrand
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

I have a job with multiple tasks running asynchronously and I don't think its leveraging all the nodes on the cluster based on runtime.

I have a job with multiple tasks running asynchronously and I don't think its leveraging all the nodes on the cluster based on runtime. I open the Spark UI for the cluster and checkout the executors and don't see any tasks for my worker nodes. How ca...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Dave Hiltbrand​ Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question. Thanks.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
whleeman
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to get the table reference of cached query results?

Databricks caches query results for 24 hours. I would like to access the query results as if it is a table so that I can post process it. For example, do another query against it. The ask is similar to Snowflake RESULT_SCAN https://docs.snowflake.com...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @MAN LI​ Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question. Thanks.

• 0 kudos
jllo
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Azure Storage Account inside Databricks cannot enable soft-delete.

Hello,When deploying any databricks workspace inside Azure, the storage account inside the databricks managed resource group is unable to apply any changes, including enabling soft-delete. Is there a way to enable it?Best regards,Jon

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hi, Default storage withing default RG cannot be altered.

• 3 kudos
5 More Replies
Sujitha
by Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Take advantage of the Data + AI Summit Virtual Experience next week! Data + AI Summit is just a few days away! With data professionals from 155+ count...

Take advantage of the Data + AI Summit Virtual Experience next week!Data + AI Summit is just a few days away! With data professionals from 155+ countries already registered, this is truly the premier event for the global data, analytics and AI commun...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyag1
Honored Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Thank you for informing highlights of the upcoming sessions.

• 2 kudos
Muhammad_Umer
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Muhammad Umer​ Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question. Thanks.

• 0 kudos
Priyag1
by Honored Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

docs.databricks.com

Databricks new Release : Full-page workspace browser includes ReposDatabricks plans to enable the full-page workspace browser experience that unifies Workspace and Repos by default. You’ll browse content in Databricks Repos alongside your workspace c...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
bharats
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Thanks for the update

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
apiury
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Delta file question

Hi! Im using Autoloader to ingest Binary files into delta format. I have 7 binary files but delta generate 3 files and the format is part-0000, part-0001... Why generate this files with format part-000...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Alejandro Piury Pinzón​ We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Lakshay Goel​ r​, and I was checking back to see if her suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be hel...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
harraz
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues loading files csv files that contain BOM (Byte Order Mark) character

I keep getting and error when creating dataframe or steam from certain CSV files where the header contains BOM (Byte Order Mark) character  This is the error message:AnalysisException: [RequestId=e09c7c8d-2399-4d6a-84ae-216e6a9f8f6e ErrorClass=INVALI...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @mohamed harraz​ Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question. Thanks.

• 0 kudos
Spark4speed
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CDM connector for Spark can't connect to Azure storage account

Hello,I'm trying to use the CDM connector for Spark, but I can't connecto to the Azure storage account when using the connector. I mounted a container of storage account with a SAS-token. When I'm trying to read CDM data from a (mounted) storage acco...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Martijn de Bruijn​ Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question. Thanks.

• 0 kudos
jlb0001
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

[AWS] How do you replace the Account Admin?

I need to remove an older admin that previously set up the Databricks Account. However, I get an error (even through I am also an Account Admin).How do I replace a prior account admin? Or at least remove their admin status and/or disable the accoun...

Databricks Permssion Error - Cannot Disable Original Account
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jlb0001
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

I escalated via my Databricks rep yesterday and got an answer that seemed to be along the lines that "something is wrong here". He is going to try to find out internally and possibly work with the product development folks to come up with a solution...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
nlakshmidevi125
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

about .crc file in delta transaction log

why .crc file will create along with delta log files

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Lakshmi devi​ , crc file is basically a checksum file that contains the stats for the respective version file. It is used for snapshot verification in the backend.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
dnchankov
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Why my notebook I created in a Repo can be opened safe?

I've cloned a Repo during "Get Started with Data Engineering on Databricks".Then I'm trying to run another notebook from a cell with a magic %run command.But I get that the file can't be opened safe.Here my code:notebook_aname = "John" print(f"Hello ...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Opening in Confined Mode is the most secure choice and you can constantly resume the record in your unique Versus Code window once you decide the document is reliable.Custom Labels and Stickers | Custom Boxes With Logo

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
kidexp
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How to install python package on spark cluster

Hi, How can I install python packages on spark cluster? in local, I can use pip install. I want to use some external packages which is not installed on was spark cluster. Thanks for any suggestions.

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Introduce Python bundle on flash groupMake a virtualenv only for your Flash hubs.Each time you run a Flash work, run a new pip introduce of all your own in-house Python libraries. ...Zoom up the site-bundles dir of the virtualenv. ...Pass the single ...

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors