Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Serhii
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Could not launch jobs due to node_type_id (instance) unavailability

I am running hourly job on a cluster using p3.2xlarge GPU instance, but sometimes cluster couldn't start due to instance unavailability. I wander is there is any fallback mechanism to, for example, try a different instance type if one is not availabl...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
abagshaw
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

(AWS only) For anyone experiencing capacity related cluster launch failures on non-GPU instance types, AWS Fleet instance types are now GA and available for clusters and instance pools. They help improve chance of successful cluster launch by allowi...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Instance type in Photon

Can Photon run on all instance/VM types?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
abagshaw
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

No, Photon is only supported on a limited set of instance types where it's been benchmarked and tested by Databricks to have optimal performance.

• 0 kudos
JPKC
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Support for multiple EC2 instance types in a worker pool

As per this thread Databricks now integrates with EC2 CreateFleet API that allows customers to create Databricks pools and get EC2 instances from multiple AZs and multiple instance families & sizes. However, in the Databricks UI you can not select mo...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
abagshaw
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Fleet instances on Databricks is now GA and available in all AWS workspaces - you can find more details here: https://docs.databricks.com/compute/aws-fleet-instances.html

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
umair_hanif
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Ingesting more than 7 million rows into a SQL Server Table

Hi All, I hope you're super well. I need your recommendations and solution for my problem.I am using a Databricks instance DS12_v2 which has 28GB RAM and 4 cores. I am ingesting 7.2 million rows into a SQL Server table and it is taking 57 min - 1 hou...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
WernerS
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

You can try to use BULK INSERT.https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/bulk-insert-transact-sql?view=sql-server-ver16Also using Data Factory instead of Databricks for the copy can be helpful.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
verargulla
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 8 kudos

Databricks Academy content for Azure Databricks Customers

Hi! We've recently provisioned an Azure Databricks workspace and started building our pipelines. Do we qualify as Databricks 'customers' who have free access to all self-paced content on Databricks Academy? If so, how do we access it? We don't have a...

• 5 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
fpasid
New Contributor II
  • 8 kudos

They changed the registration process and added 'Additional Fields' section, where you can provide your company email address, that you use in Azure Databricks. This worked automatically for me and I can access the self-paced trainings for free now.

• 8 kudos
4 More Replies
chandan_a_v
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

How to restart the Spark session within the notebook without reattaching the notebook?

Hi All,I want to run an ETL pipeline in a sequential way in my DB notebook. If I run it without resetting the Spark session or restarting the cluster I am getting a data frame key error. I think this might be because of the Spark cache because If I r...

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
g_krilis
New Contributor II
  • 6 kudos

Is there a solution to the above problem? I also would like to restart SparkSession to free my cluster's resources, but when callingspark.stop()the notebook automatically detach and the following error occurs:The spark context has stopped and the dri...

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
berdonio
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optimal Azure VM type for EventHub streaming

Hello,our spark jobs stream messages from Event Hub then transform it and finally the messages are peristed in storage. We plan to exercise cluster configurations for these jobs in order to find the optimal and procure Azure reservations. Furtemore, ...

Data Engineering
azure
cluster
eventhub
streaming
vm
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
fijoy
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! If 2 users run the same notebook on the same cluster, will they share the same Spark session?

Databricks docs here:https://docs.databricks.com/notebooks/notebook-isolation.htmlstate that "Every notebook attached to a cluster has a pre-defined variable named spark that represents a SparkSession." What if 2 users run the same notebook on the sa...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

The spark session is isolated at the notebook level and is not isolated at the user level. So, two users accessing the same notebook will be using the same spark session

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Arby
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help With OSError: [Errno 95] Operation not supported: '/Workspace/Repos/Connectors....

Hello,I am experiencing issues with importing from utils repo the schema file I created.this is the logic we use for all ingestion and all other schemas live in this repo utills/schemasI am unable to access the file I created for a new ingestion pipe...

icon
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Arby
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

@Debayan Mukherjee​ Hello, thank you for your response. please let me know if these are the correct commands to access the file from notebookI can see the files in the repo folderbut I just noticed this. the file I am trying to access the size is 0 b...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Binesh
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Logs some error messages while trying to read data using databricks-jdbc dependency

I have tried to read data from Databricks using the following java code.String TOKEN = "token..."; String url = "url...";   Properties properties = new Properties(); properties.setProperty("user", "token"); properties.setProperty("PWD", TOKEN);   Con...

Logger Errors
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@Binesh J​ - The issue could be due to the data type of the column is not compatible with getString() method in line#17. use getObject() method to retrieve the value as a generic value and then convert to string.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Skv
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Snowflake query with time travel not working from Databricks while reading into Dataframe.

I am trying to read the changes data from snowflake query into the dataframe using Databricks.Same query is working in snowflake but not in Databricks. Both sides timezones and format are same for the timestamp. I am trying to implement changetrackin...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
sher
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

you are format is wrong that's why you got an errortry thisSELECT * FROM TestTable CHANGES(INFORMATION => DEFAULT) AT(TIMESTAMP => TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ('2023-05-03 00:43:34.885','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS.FF')) 

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
dbx_8451
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to set the permissions to databricks jobs that created and run from Azure Data Factory(ADF)?

I would like to set the permissions to jobs such as granting "CAN_VIEW" or "CAN_MANAGE" to specific groups that run from ADF. It appears that we need to set permissions in pipe line where job runs from ADF, But I could not figure it out. ​​

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
dbx_8451
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thank you @Debayan Mukherjee​  and @Vidula Khanna​  for getting back to me. But, it didn't help my case. I am specifically looking for setting permissions to the job so that our team can see the job cluster including Spark UI with that privilege. ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
dave_hiltbrand
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

I have a job with multiple tasks running asynchronously and I don't think its leveraging all the nodes on the cluster based on runtime.

I have a job with multiple tasks running asynchronously and I don't think its leveraging all the nodes on the cluster based on runtime. I open the Spark UI for the cluster and checkout the executors and don't see any tasks for my worker nodes. How ca...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Dave Hiltbrand​ Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question. Thanks.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors